Rejected by university of Manchester ? Watch

robert blue
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I was applying for accounting and finance , I got predicted grades of 3a* and 1a in as. I am wondering what could be the reason for this result.
Torigracex
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Email admissions, they should be able to give you at least some feedback.
robert blue
Rep:
?
Yea, I will do it, I’m just really depressed that I got rejected by my firm choice. 😭
merl0106
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by robert blue)
I was applying for accounting and finance , I got predicted grades of 3a* and 1a in as. I am wondering what could be the reason for this result.
Universities look at more than just your grades because they realise that you are more than just a few letters and numbers. Your personal statement, reference, work experience and other relevant information will also be taken into account and considered within the pool of applicants. It could also be that due to the competition, although your application may have been good, it simply was not good enough *in comparison* to the other applicants within the same pool. Please don't rely on the merits of your predicted grades alone when applying to universities - especially as predicted grades are just that - 'a prediction'.
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you take Maths A level. For some top universities they require it. Could possibly the university weren't happy with the predicted grades. Only the university will know. Give them a ring.
robert blue
Rep:
?
(Original post by merl0106)
Universities look at more than just your grades because they realise that you are more than just a few letters and numbers. Your personal statement, reference, work experience and other relevant information will also be taken into account and considered within the pool of applicants. It could also be that due to the competition, although your application may have been good, it simply was not good enough *in comparison* to the other applicants within the same pool. Please don't rely on the merits of your predicted grades alone when applying to universities - especially as predicted grades are just that - 'a prediction'.
Well I have put a lot of effort into ps which contains two work experiences and it was absolutely relevant to the subject I applied for. As for the reference, my head of house told me it is very positive.
robert blue
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Do you take Maths A level. For some top universities they require it. Could possibly the university weren't happy with the predicted grades. Only the university will know. Give them a ring.
Thank you for replying, I do maths and and further mathematics and I got predicted a* on both of them. I have emailed the admissions this morning, hope they will reply me soon.
Raisul_Bhuiya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
When did you apply?
aprilstory100
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you for replying, I do maths and and further mathematics and I got predicted a* on both of them. I have emailed the admissions this morning, hope they will reply me soon.
please let me know if they replied you! because I'm thinking of applying to Uni of Manchester next year as well >< Thank you!!
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Weird. Could there have been something in the application you forgot to include? Was there meant to be an interview?
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by merl0106)
Universities look at more than just your grades because they realise that you are more than just a few letters and numbers. Your personal statement, reference, work experience and other relevant information will also be taken into account and considered within the pool of applicants.
Sorry, but this is Manchester, and their predicted grades are way above what would be required.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The only explanations that I can see is that you lack an entry requirement, e.g. GCSE English, they've made a mistake, or discontinued the course. Hopefully, your feedback request will shed some light on it. Good luck.
Raisul_Bhuiya
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Can you tell me what they said when you appealed?
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Did you apply for the BAEcon course or the other one? What are you A level subjects?
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Raisul_Bhuiya)
Can you tell me what they said when you appealed?
Appealing a decision is not usually possible. The OP was just going to request feedback.
Raisul_Bhuiya
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Have you received any feedback from them?
Ja78975-Junaid
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I was applying for accounting and finance, I got predicted grades of 3a* and 1a in as. I am wondering what could be the reason for this result.
I got rejected but from Birmingham for Accounting and Finance too! predicted 3A*s as well, it annoyed me for a second but a couple of days later I got an offer from Durham for the same course.
Last edited by Ja78975-Junaid; 3 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (368)
67.15%
No (180)
32.85%

Watched Threads