Swansea University or Cardiff Metropolian University? Which one should I choose?

Watch
balalaikan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Which uni should I choose? Swansea Uni or Cardiff Metropolian Uni? I can't decide so maybe I'll rely on other students's opinion. I'm going to study Business management (Tourism) in Swansea Uni and International Tourism Management in Cardiff Met. How do you think?
Many thanks in advance
thisispants
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think you should go for Swansea university. It has a good reputation and higher post employment rates
Student Roost - Swansea
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Swansea is a great city to live in and you can walk to the beach from both Singleton and Bay campus. There is also a really popular campus to campus bus that will take you all over the city - it stops right outside us here!

Good luck with your decisions. It may be worth visiting both and see which one you prefer? Good luck, Lowri
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would pick Swansea for the better reputation but the person with a lot of knowledge about Unis in Wales is swansea jack1
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry I was posting from my phone and tagged the wrong person, I meant to tag swanseajack1
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
I would pick Swansea for the better reputation but the person with a lot of knowledge about Unis in Wales is swansea jack1
I dont specifically know about Tourism but generally Swansea is definitely the better choice. It is a long standing university which is celebrating its centenary this year. Cardiff met used to be a college of education and has always had a great reputation as a sports university and also for things like Art and catering but for academic subjects Swansea is the superior university. Business and management courses take place on the new Bay campus which only opened 5 years ago. Swansea is a much bigger university having over 20000 students whilst Cardiff Met only has half that. The one benefit of being in Cardiff is that it is a much bigger city than Swansea with more going on although there is enough for most students in Swansea. Swansea has access to some of the best beaches in the world which Cardiff doesnt have.
Cut3k1tt3n
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
swansea definitely
sophiexnolan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi! please ignore every other comment in Cardiff met! as a student who’s looking deeply into studying at Cardiff met, also looking at the same course, here’s some things to tell you.

Cardiff met have amazing links with tourism companies such as Disney and you will have the chance to do a placement if you choose to. Therefore if you want a career in tourism or something where you work abroad DO NOT go to Swansea.

For business, both unis are great. However, Cardiff met has a designated management building but Swansea are rated highly for their business courses.

Honestly, you need to choose the course you love more. Then look at things like location of the unis and go to virtual open days. Pick the uni that you would feel most at home in!

Hope this helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (43)
27.56%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
8.97%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.41%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.05%

Watched Threads