Coronavirus. I’m too scared to go outside Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I saw somewhere that 2000 people from wuhan have arrived in the U.K. in the past week or 2 weeks.

And only around 100 of those people have been tested for the virus. And thankfully it was -ve.

I feel like the only thing I can do at the moment is buy a face mask, stay away from humans and strengthen my immune system by drinking my vitamins.

But the thing is I have so much anxiety that im too scared to wear a face mask outside because ppl will think I’m weird. But I’ve got to suck it up and just wear it for protection.

I’m fracking scared
feckmateen
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Never watch the news if you have any anxiety/depression mental problems because your mind will jump to random false conclusions as well as causing yourself to imagine that you’ve been affected certain events.
Last edited by feckmateen; 3 weeks ago
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I saw somewhere that 2000 people from wuhan have arrived in the U.K. in the past week or 2 weeks.

And only around 100 of those people have been tested for the virus. And thankfully it was -ve.

I feel like the only thing I can do at the moment is buy a face mask, stay away from humans and strengthen my immune system by drinking my vitamins.

But the thing is I have so much anxiety that im too scared to wear a face mask outside because ppl will think I’m weird. But I’ve got to suck it up and just wear it for protection.

I’m fracking scared
The statistic that as many as 2000 infected people have entered the U.K. is categorically false, there’s not enough information at this current point to know whether we should be truly worried about it yet
boods8897
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You lived through through the Ebola and Zika outbreaks - what's different this time that's scaring you? Statistically speaking, the chances of you being in any way affected are miniscule. I have no idea what having anxiety is like, but try not to dwell on it if you can help it. If it makes you feel better to take extra precautions like extra handwashing and taking your vitamins then keep doing that, but try and remember that the average person over here really isn't at any great risk.
Vexper
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There's an outbreak every other month and you're still alive and kicking :dontknow:
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Vexper)
There's an outbreak every other month and you're still alive and kicking :dontknow:
Every month? I don’t think so
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Does the coronavirus kill you straight away of something? Is there no cure?
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No cure as such, a treatment is on the way but health experts in China say that it could take over a year for a vaccine to be developed
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Doesn’t kill you straight away, it could take a couple of weeks to die from the virus
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago

I’m fracking scared
I also have anxiety and this has been worrying but don’t dwell to much on it as The risk of coronavirus spreading in the uk is low but it is good to take precautions such as washing hands with soap carry hand sanitizer
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I also have anxiety and this has been worrying but don’t dwell to much on it as The risk of coronavirus spreading in the uk is low but it is good to take precautions such as washing hands with soap carry hand sanitizer
The risk of coronavirus spreading to the U.K. is not that low and will become more likely as time goes on
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you’re young and you become infected then you should be fine. The median age for the first set of deaths was around 75.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Just think of it this way, We all have to go one day.

I have anxiety too so I do feel like you.
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sir Cumference)
If you’re young and you become infected then you should be fine. The median age for the first set of deaths was around 75.
Yes, cases are now being reported in people of all ages and is spreading faster and the rate is increasing day by day
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
Doesn’t kill you straight away, it could take a couple of weeks to die from the virus
I don’t think this is going to help with their anxiety...

It’s important to realise that although there was one reported case of a death of a young, healthy man, most of the other deaths were over 65 and/or had preexisting health conditions. A young and healthy person is unlikely to die from the virus and if you add to that the very low percentage of catching the virus, I don’t think there’s anything to worry about at the moment.
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sir Cumference)
I don’t think this is going to help with their anxiety...

It’s important to realise that although there was one reported case of a death of a young, healthy man, most of the other deaths were over 65 and/or had preexisting health conditions. A young and healthy person is unlikely to die from the virus and if you add to that the very low percentage of catching the virus, I don’t think there’s anything to worry about at the moment.
Agreed, all the fake news isn’t helping either
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you not go to work OP?
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
does death scare you that much?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by feckmateen)
Never watch the news if you have any anxiety/depression mental problems because your mind will jump to random false conclusions as well as causing yourself imagine that you’ve been affected certain events.
My anxiety is horrible. I can’t even sleep
Anonymous #1
Do you not go to work OP?.
I used to work but im now focusing on studying for my alevels
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (390)
58.82%
Yes- I don't like it (35)
5.28%
No- I want it (192)
28.96%
No- I don't want it (46)
6.94%

Watched Threads