Coronavirus. I’m too scared to go outside Watch

Anonymous #10
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah it's cos they eat dogs and snakes and s***
As well as camels, badgers, weasels, rodents, bats to be sold for food!
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I saw somewhere that 2000 people from wuhan have arrived in the U.K. in the past week or 2 weeks.

And only around 100 of those people have been tested for the virus. And thankfully it was -ve.

I feel like the only thing I can do at the moment is buy a face mask, stay away from humans and strengthen my immune system by drinking my vitamins.

But the thing is I have so much anxiety that im too scared to wear a face mask outside because ppl will think I’m weird. But I’ve got to suck it up and just wear it for protection.

I’m fracking scared
You are grossly over reacting. And it is quite bizarre that you care about looking "weird" when wanting to protect your own health! What is that about?
Thewanabenerd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
coronavirus attack mainly old people...so if you r young i doubt you have anything to be worring about
DakoTacoAnimatic
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you! A comment I can actually relate to that has answers! I'm currently in the same position as you and have also came to the conclusions of wearing masks, but I read that they don't protect you for it so I'm not going to buy one. This whole event though, its making me have anxiety like I've never had before. Now I constantly feel uneasy (even now) and I have got a small, tickly cough and its scaring me.. I keep having panic attacks and dizziness spurts and when I close my eyes to sleep, all my mind is focused on is everything in my life that terrifies me. I haven't slept well in a few months, but now I've heard of this virus, I've been getting no sleep at all. Urgh.

The only thing I suggest that we do is don't breathe unless we are far away from people. I'm not taking any chances. Or the more sensible way is to not look at the news stuff anymore and see if the stress dies down, but I personally find that extremely hard to do.. So ima just stick with option 1 and panic til I die.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you believe in God? Just pray to him and you will feel a sense of peace.

Maybe this will encourage and force people who have struggled/found it hard to maintain good hygiene (like me) to actually keep themselves clean.
Not so simple. Corona virus can be spread by respiratory droplets even if you are the cleanest person in the world!
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DakoTacoAnimatic)
Thank you! A comment I can actually relate to that has answers! I'm currently in the same position as you and have also came to the conclusions of wearing masks, but I read that they don't protect you for it so I'm not going to buy one. This whole event though, its making me have anxiety like I've never had before. Now I constantly feel uneasy (even now) and I have got a small, tickly cough and its scaring me.. I keep having panic attacks and dizziness spurts and when I close my eyes to sleep, all my mind is focused on is everything in my life that terrifies me. I haven't slept well in a few months, but now I've heard of this virus, I've been getting no sleep at all. Urgh.

The only thing I suggest that we do is don't breathe unless we are far away from people. I'm not taking any chances. Or the more sensible way is to not look at the news stuff anymore and see if the stress dies down, but I personally find that extremely hard to do.. So ima just stick with option 1 and panic til I die.
But your panic actually males no sense! You probably have other underlying anxiety issues anyway that you appear not to have taken any steps to deal with?!
princetonalec
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Honestly I need to know if the shares of corona have plummeted after hearing about this. Some lads in the PR department just setting their computers on fire because now everyone thinks they're going to get killed by an illness which is so close to their beer.
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
China are so unlucky, they’ve also just had an outbreak of bird flu which can also spread to humans and might have already done according to virologists
princetonalec
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by princetonalec)
Honestly I need to know if the shares of corona have plummeted after hearing about this. Some lads in the PR department just setting their computers on fire because now everyone thinks they're going to get killed by an illness which is so close to their beer.
Kings I looked into it and Corona's stock has gone up. The absolute lads.
Anonymous #10
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
China are so unlucky, they’ve also just had an outbreak of bird flu which can also spread to humans and might have already done according to virologists
They aren't unlucky, they have poor safety standards in their live animal markets where they sell all kinds of animals whose fleas and viruses have plenty of opportunity to crossbreed.
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They aren't unlucky, they have poor safety standards in their live animal markets where they sell all kinds of animals whose fleas and viruses have plenty of opportunity to crossbreed.
Ok very true
Pharyngotympanic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Do you get this stressed when colds and flus go round?
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Name:  EPn6x5UXUAMxX-U.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  146.8 KB
Anonymous #11
Report 3 weeks ago
While coronavirus is a v. scary thing and we don't even know all the details about it yet, most government reactions are assuming worst case scenario (which is a good thing).
News outlets have the tendency to use hyperbole and over-exaggerate. I would suggest going to NHS and other trusted medical websites if you're really concerned about it and using face masks as a precaution isn't necessarily a bad idea, just not one most people do.

OP, you need to take the steps you feel are important to your health - if you feel you need to stay inside or whatever then do so. Better to be safe than not safe.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by princetonalec)
Nice try, but not funny at all.
DakoTacoAnimatic
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mgi)
But your panic actually males no sense! You probably have other underlying anxiety issues anyway that you appear not to have taken any steps to deal with?!
I'm too anxious to tell people about it.. But I did tell a while back and I got medication that didn't do anything. And I'm trying to deal with it but nothing works with me.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm too anxious to tell people about it.. But I did tell a while back and I got medication that didn't do anything. And I'm trying to deal with it but nothing works with me.
Ok. I did sense your pain. Why have you not seen a counsellor or a therapist about this? It is mot something to be ashamed of. A lot of people have anxiety and panic attack issues; some are famous people such as Nadya, who won the Grear British bake off and few years ago and then admitted on TV that she has a problem with panic attacks. You owe it to your life to take action!
KlpDonnelly
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I saw somewhere that 2000 people from wuhan have arrived in the U.K. in the past week or 2 weeks.

And only around 100 of those people have been tested for the virus. And thankfully it was -ve.

I feel like the only thing I can do at the moment is buy a face mask, stay away from humans and strengthen my immune system by drinking my vitamins.

But the thing is I have so much anxiety that im too scared to wear a face mask outside because ppl will think I’m weird. But I’ve got to suck it up and just wear it for protection.

I’m fracking scared
The Corona Virus only actually kills a person if they have a very very weak immune system so like babies or older people, you shouldn’t be scared as it can be treated because some animals that have had it have been treated
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Name:  valent.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  99.7 KB
Quixote.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Bruh, I live in East Asia and I don't think I'm panicking as much as you.

I wouldn't start to worry until there are multiple cases of person to person transmition within the UK.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (329)
60.48%
Yes- I don't like it (28)
5.15%
No- I want it (148)
27.21%
No- I don't want it (39)
7.17%

Watched Threads