Applying for a Scholarship at St. Andrews.

Watch
Vanshika192
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey everyone! I’ll be applying for the international excellence scholarship at St. Andrews for 2020/21.
A little bit about me: st Andrews is my insurance (sustainable development+social anthropology). My firm is oxford (human sciences).
I’m a UK citizen but haven’t been living there so am classified as overseas.

Does anyone have any tips on writing the essay for all St.A scholarships? Could someone share a sample?
I’ve been asked to write a 250 statement about how I’d benefit, past experiences, etc.
Saphi**
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Vanshika192)
Hey everyone! I’ll be applying for the international excellence scholarship at St. Andrews for 2020/21.
A little bit about me: st Andrews is my insurance (sustainable development+social anthropology). My firm is oxford (human sciences).

Does anyone have any tips on writing the essay for all St.A scholarships? Could someone share a sample?
I’ve been asked to write a 250 statement about how I’d benefit, past experiences, etc.
Hey, its a personal statement. Just write something similar to your ucas statement.
Have you received an offer
Ashmiek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
y

What do you consider your academic achievements to qualify you for the scholarship?
Vanshika192
Rep:
?
(Original post by Saphi**)
Hey, its a personal statement. Just write something similar to your ucas statement.
Have you received an offer
Yes! For sustainable development and social anthropology.
Vanshika192
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ashmiek)
y

What do you consider your academic achievements to qualify you for the scholarship?
I’m in the IB and my predicted is a 44/45. I’ve been valedictorian throughout high school and have received multiple awards for academic proficiency.
Saphi**
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m in the IB and my predicted is a 44/45. I’ve been valedictorian throughout high school and have received multiple awards for academic proficiency.
WOah lol, im also doing the IB. That's a pretty amazing grade! which country are you from?
Saphi**
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes! For sustainable development and social anthropology.
Alright that's cool. Have you completed writing your statement yet?
Vanshika192
Rep:
?
WOah lol, im also doing the IB. That's a pretty amazing grade! which country are you from?
Thank you
I’m a British citizen but I live in India right now. What about you?
Vanshika192
Rep:
?
Alright that's cool. Have you completed writing your statement yet?
Yes. I’ve been busy with TOK etc till now so I’m going over it one last time before putting the application through.
Saphi**
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you
I’m a British citizen but I live in India right now. What about you?
I used to live in the uk but im in Zambia rn. Im actually Zambian
Saphi**
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes. I’ve been busy with TOK etc till now so I’m going over it one last time before putting the application through.
ughhh tok is such a pain but its almost done
jessicacc03
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi! I'm also an international student from Austria applying for the same scholarship for 2021/22. Now that you have applied, do you have any extra tips? thank you
NiamhMoir1127
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi hi! I also applied for the scholarship for 2021. Have you heard anything?
jessicacc03
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi! Not yet... it just says "with committee". What about you? I hope we'll find out some time this month.
xDmochi
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I hope all of you on this thread turned out well
NiamhMoir1127
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yup says the same for me! On the website it says by mid March so I think they will let us know soon. Not that I have much hope of getting it tho haha
NiamhMoir1127
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by jessicacc03)
Hi! Not yet... it just says "with committee". What about you? I hope we'll find out some time this month.
Alsooo.. have you received an offer from St Andrews? I haven't but I heard they take a while to accept/ deny people.
jessicacc03
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by NiamhMoir1127)
Alsooo.. have you received an offer from St Andrews? I haven't but I heard they take a while to accept/ deny people.
Yeah me too hahah I had no idea what to expect when applying and I assume that it's quite competitive...

And yes I got one for English and History in december but a few of my classmates also applied and are still waiting. What did you apply for?
NiamhMoir1127
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi hi! I also applied for 2021. Have you heard anything/ do you know when they might give out the decision?
jessicacc03
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by NiamhMoir1127)
Hi hi! I also applied for 2021. Have you heard anything/ do you know when they might give out the decision?
Hi! Yess if you log onto the portal and go onto funding and scholarships (same place as where you uploaded your schoalrship application) it should say the decision. I got all of my answers back - was rejected for all except for the accomodation award, but i cant pay the interanional fees. Good luck for your studies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (72)
31.17%
No (159)
68.83%

Watched Threads