The Student Room Group
Original post by Jasondt
Hi! Does anyone know any school in big London? And how is royal russell school? I am doing my gcse Yr11 now, and I am looking forward to move in big London for my sixth form this September. My grades are fine (each subject is like 6-8, chem and econ are 9) but is kind of late for applying. I am seeking for an insurance independent school. Thanks

I think that Ashbourne College is pretty good, and I think that you can still apply.
Reply 2
Original post by _Mia101
I think that Ashbourne College is pretty good, and I think that you can still apply.

I had a quick look at this school, it seems like a good college. Btw could you plz recommend any other independent sixth forms in London? I was thinking some schools like Mill Hill/Royal russell, but I heard that they are not that good tho. And now I am worrying would it be too late for applying..
Westminster school is pretty good, I go there.
Reply 4
Original post by killerspeedforce
Westminster school is pretty good, I go there.

Thank you for replying, I know Westminster is a good school, but it's too late for me to apply and I am not confident enough with my grades:frown:. Do you know any more independent school which I can still apply to for now?
Original post by Jasondt
Thank you for replying, I know Westminster is a good school, but it's too late for me to apply and I am not confident enough with my grades:frown:. Do you know any more independent school which I can still apply to for now?

Oh yes, all my good friends go to Whitgift. You just need all 6s, although there is a significant quantity of smart children getting into oxbridge each year. 15 average per year.
Reply 6
Original post by killerspeedforce
Oh yes, all my good friends go to Whitgift. You just need all 6s, although there is a significant quantity of smart children getting into oxbridge each year. 15 average per year.

I just checked it, the deadline for September 2020 entry has now closed. I applied for bedford and clifton college which aren't in London, and now I am seeking for an insurance school in London to get in, like each year 2-5 students can get into oxbridge which is easier to entry, do you know any of these schools? Anyway thank you very much for the advice!
Original post by Jasondt
I just checked it, the deadline for September 2020 entry has now closed. I applied for bedford and clifton college which aren't in London, and now I am seeking for an insurance school in London to get in, like each year 2-5 students can get into oxbridge which is easier to entry, do you know any of these schools? Anyway thank you very much for the advice!

Apply to reigate grammqr school, it is nearer to london and great gcse and a level results. Deadlines are still open for this school.
Original post by Jasondt
I had a quick look at this school, it seems like a good college, but I think there are too many asians. Btw could you plz recommend any other independent sixth forms in London? I was thinking some schools like Mill Hill/Royal russell, but I heard that they are not that good tho. And now I am worrying would it be too late for applying..

Why are you worried about there being too many Asians?
(edited 4 years ago)
David Game College are still accepting i think. My cousin is there at the moment. You could start in January. It's really good.
Reply 10
Original post by saturatedghostie
Why are you worried about there being "too many Asians"????

Cauz I am not a native English speaker and now I am in an international school where every one speaks same language as me and basically no one speaks English except during lesson, therefore I want to move to another school where most students are locals.
Original post by Jasondt
Cauz I am not a native English speaker and now I am in an international school where every one speaks same language as me and basically no one speaks English except during lesson, therefore I want to move to another school where most students are locals.

Everyone is local at Reigate Grammar School. Barely any asians.

Latest