kera01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Could anyone explain why in the AQA AS Biology paper 1 2017 this question on tissue fluid doesnt allow you to say 'this forces FLUID out'
Question: Explain the role of the heart in the formation of tissue fluid
Mark scheme:
1. Contraction of ventricle(s) produces high blood / hydrostatic pressure;
2. (This) forces water (and some dissolved substances) out (of blood capillaries)
1. Reject blood / plasma / tissue fluid forced out
Examiner report: Very few students were able to limit themselves to ‘water’, incorrectly indicating that ‘tissue fluid’, ‘fluid’, ‘plasma’, or even ‘blood’ left the capillaries.

Thank you in advance
hamishg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
hh
SweetSummerx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by kera01)
Could anyone explain why in the AQA AS Biology paper 1 2017 this question on tissue fluid doesnt allow you to say 'this forces FLUID out'
Question: Explain the role of the heart in the formation of tissue fluid
Mark scheme:
1. Contraction of ventricle(s) produces high blood / hydrostatic pressure;
2. (This) forces water (and some dissolved substances) out (of blood capillaries)
1. Reject blood / plasma / tissue fluid forced out
Examiner report: Very few students were able to limit themselves to ‘water’, incorrectly indicating that ‘tissue fluid’, ‘fluid’, ‘plasma’, or even ‘blood’ left the capillaries.

Thank you in advance
Fluid is any liquid so I suspect it is not accepted on clarity grounds. It would not be clear whether you meant water, blood, tissue fluid etc
kera01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by SweetSummerx)
Fluid is any liquid so I suspect it is not accepted on clarity grounds. It would not be clear whether you meant water, blood, tissue fluid etc
Thank you for your response. Yeah this is what I thought as well but in the mark scheme is says 'reject tissue fluid' and in the examiners report it says its incorrect to state tissue fluid as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads