Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Can somebody explain to me, in stupid person terms, maintenance loans etc? A university told me I’d receive the largest amount of maintenance available, and I’d get that exact amount each semester, so the 8000 odd pound every semester, I’m assuming that’s not right?
Paypurr
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
8000 for the whole year not each semester
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Can somebody explain to me, in stupid person terms, maintenance loans etc? A university told me I’d receive the largest amount of maintenance available, and I’d get that exact amount each semester, so the 8000 odd pound every semester, I’m assuming that’s not right?
Hello,

Your maintenance loan amount will be decided by student finance after looking at your household income. If you are sure you are going to be receiving the maximum loan then you can refer to this page for the exact figure.

You will receive these funds after you are approved by Student Finance and you are registered as attending the university. Payments come in at the start of every Semester (Sept, Jan, Apr) and each payment is a third of the overall figure meaning if you receive the £8,944 figure for living away from home when at university you should expect £2981 each term.

I hope this helps

Patrick :lep:
Last edited by Liverpool Hope University; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hello,

Your maintenance loan amount will be decided by student finance after looking at your household income. If you are sure you are going to be receiving the maximum loan then you can refer to this page for the exact figure.

You will receive these funds after you are approved by Student Finance and you are registered as attending the university. Payments come in at the start of every Semester (Sept, Jan, Apr) and each payment is a third of the overall figure meaning if you receive the £8,944 figure for living away from home when at university you should expect £2981 each term.

I hope this helps

It did, thank you so much
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It did, thank you so much
You're Welcome.

Glad I could help!

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
23.76%
No, but I have thought about it (56)
27.72%
No (98)
48.51%

Watched Threads