Fascism is becoming mainstream in Italy

Watch
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago

The growing fascism in continental Europe, Trump's America, and Japan, is once again a growing threat to the world.

Brexit Britain should seek to reconsider its old alliances in view of this deteriorating situation.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Formerly fascist country still has fascist elements, I'm so shocked.
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'm a fascist
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Absolute BS.
Johnny Tightlips
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)

The growing fascism in continental Europe, Trump's America, and Japan, is once again a growing threat to the world.

Brexit Britain should seek to reconsider its old alliances in view of this deteriorating situation.
Always the same: economy struggling and country in a bad place, "others" are blamed (in Italy's case, immigrants and corrupt politicians), so we need a "strong leader" to make us great again!
These people always assume the fascist leader will remain on their side when they have unlimited power, which ofc they never do. Why should they?
Will be interesting to see how far they go as Italy is in a bad place, usually fascist parties peak below a majority.
Last edited by Johnny Tightlips; 9 months ago
Parties
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Okay. I dunno how this is a threat to the rest of the world, seems more like Italian citizens supporting their own oppression by means of a dictatorial government that they elected democratically. Though, to be fair, I'm going off the headline and not the video, which I have yet to watch cus I just feel like commenting now.
AngeryPenguin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
Formerly fascist country still has fascist elements, I'm so shocked.
We should investigate other "formerly" fascist countries such as Japan.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Investigate what exactly?
Nalk1573
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Does anyone else think Matteo Renzi looks like Nick Griffin
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Interestingly, the government in Italy is both left wing and right wing. The Leauge is centre right, but M5s is interestingly left in that it is environmentalist pro same sex marraige. Similar situation in Austria, a right wing party in coalition with the environmentalist greens.

Hardly surprising; a lot of Europe is fascist or qasi-fascist. Most in the EU, I should add, and some want to join the EU. Ukraine is the worst offender, glorifies Nazi collaborators as do the Baltics, Hungary is qasi-fascist, as is Poland. Fun fact, the EU was actually a fascist idea from Oswald Mosely who wanted a "United", Federal Europe. Glad we're leaving the EU.
Kitten in boots
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
It worked so well for them last time.
z-hog
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
If it's not for money, it's a bit rich for such an admirer and supporter of the ongoing Chinese Communist dictatorship to worry so much about fascism. Too busy to watch the vid. There was more freedom in Nazi Germany than in the Soviet Union.
z-hog
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
As for what goes on in our patch in comparison, they're not yet gripped by the McCarthyite atmosphere where a career can go down the plug for publicly expressing a 'wrong' thought or opinion on a range of issues, surely they are not having cases of the police getting in touch because of something on Twitter. Or as many issues with speakers at Uni campuses. If they are, it will be at a lower rate. Much more worried about fascism in the UK, to be honest.
Ragman75
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

No its not, at all there are 10x more radical left wing communist are you going to say Europe is being taken over by the communist.
Ragman75
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Does this video mean Germany has been taken over by the communist becuase there are far more communsit here than in your video showing "faccist"

Johnny Tightlips
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Ragman75)
No its not, at all there are 10x more radical left wing communist are you going to say Europe is being taken over by the communist.
Italy Communist party: ~5000 members https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commun...ty_%28Italy%29
Casapounda: 6000 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CasaPound
Johnny Tightlips
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Ferrograd)
Interestingly, the government in Italy is both left wing and right wing. The Leauge is centre right, but M5s is interestingly left in that it is environmentalist pro same sex marraige. Similar situation in Austria, a right wing party in coalition with the environmentalist greens.

Hardly surprising; a lot of Europe is fascist or qasi-fascist. Most in the EU, I should add, and some want to join the EU. Ukraine is the worst offender, glorifies Nazi collaborators as do the Baltics, Hungary is qasi-fascist, as is Poland. Fun fact, the EU was actually a fascist idea from Oswald Mosely who wanted a "United", Federal Europe. Glad we're leaving the EU.
Yeah fascism is a lot more open in Eastern Europe. Greece has a lot of fascism too.

Mosely actually rejected the idea of federal Europe, instead wanting it to be one political unit (which the EU isn't and won't be).
Olly_Hp
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
*Channel 4*
"Did you just say something I don't agree with?, Okay fascist"
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

Like with who?
Ragman75
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Johnny Tightlips)
Italy Communist party: ~5000 members https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commun...ty_%28Italy%29
Casapounda: 6000 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CasaPound
communist refoundation party-17,053 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commun...undation_Party
+ the 5k from the italy communist

Makes 22k roughly which means the hard right are roughly 4x smaller, and this is just what i could find in 15 mins of looking and not counting any of the supporters of the hard left NGOs that ferry illegal immigrants into itally
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (626)
33.66%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (784)
42.15%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (367)
19.73%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.46%

Watched Threads