The business man
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Does anyone know what topics are in the business prelim?
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by The business man)
What business prelim is this? What exam board?
The business man
Rep:
?
Higher Scottish qualification
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
:wavey:

I've moved this to the Scottish Qualifications forum for you Schools generally make up their own prelims, so even if others choose to share what was in theirs, it may not be what will be in yours. The best thing to do is ensure you're confident in as many of the topics as you can, as in the real exam nobody will be able to tell you before anyways. Hope that the prelim goes well, and if you're looking for any help in specific topics, someone in the Higher Business thread might be able to help
The business man
Rep:
?
(Original post by Labrador99)
:wavey:

I've moved this to the Scottish Qualifications forum for you Schools generally make up their own prelims, so even if others choose to share what was in theirs, it may not be what will be in yours. The best thing to do is ensure you're confident in as many of the topics as you can, as in the real exam nobody will be able to tell you before anyways. Hope that the prelim goes well, and if you're looking for any help in specific topics, someone in the Higher Business thread might be able to help
Schools buy prelims from places like p and n or the resource cupboard and then schools will tweak them
Kubsyy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Schools buy prelims from places like p and n or the resource cupboard and then schools will tweak them
Yep that’s what my school did. They bought from Bizshare and tweaked so that it contains from undrestanding business, marketing and HR

So it all depends on school but the case study was about Zara.
Last edited by Kubsyy; 2 weeks ago
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Some do for some subjects, especially ones where it's more difficult to create a prelim (e.g. English, languages), but a lot don't have the money to do that for every subject :no:
The business man
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Labrador99)
Some do for some subjects, especially ones where it's more difficult to create a prelim (e.g. English, languages), but a lot don't have the money to do that for every subject :no:
I’m so so sorry please don’t hurt me
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m so so sorry please don’t hurt me
Nothing to apologise for! I've just seen people previously who have asked online, revised what others told them would be in it and got a bit panicked when they were then presented with a completely different paper on the prelim day, so wanted to make sure the same didn't happen to you Hope that your prelim goes well when it comes!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads