Could the coranavirus actually be a good thing? Watch

Ferrograd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
With the environment....all flights to China have stopped, and internally, at a time when there would be a massive amount of movement due to the new year, this has also largely stopped. Meaning less CO2 emissions etc. Just one way of looking at it.
Sataris
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You're saying Greta's behind the whole thing?
aryvou
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yeah but, products from china cannot be imported while the virus is still present so thats kind of a bad thing.
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sataris)
You're saying Greta's behind the whole thing?
I mean, China is the largest CO2 emitter.........I mean maybe it's just occured at a convinient time. Maybe the Chinese started it themselves so they wouldn't be scapegoated for emissions. I've also heard suggestions in certain circles that it could even be an act of terrorism, by Islamists in retaliation to the forced detention of Uighur and Kazakh Muslims in Xinjiang. Knowing China and its record with transparency, we will probably never know for sure.
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
(Original post by aryvou)
yeah but, products from china cannot be imported while the virus is still present so thats kind of a bad thing.
Less CO2 emissions though
aryvou
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ferrograd)
Less CO2 emissions though
i get that, but its not just china producing large amounts of CO2 emissions.
HumblyBumbly
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I mean, China is the largest CO2 emitter.........I mean maybe it's just occured at a convinient time. Maybe the Chinese started it themselves so they wouldn't be scapegoated for emissions. I've also heard suggestions in certain circles that it could even be an act of terrorism, by Islamists in retaliation to the forced detention of Uighur and Kazakh Muslims in Xinjiang. Knowing China and its record with transparency, we will probably never know for sure.
the Islamist groups have somehow funded research into coronavirus and mutated it in such as to cause pathology in human beings? 🤔

I recommend a biology textbook and less internet.
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumblyBumbly)
the Islamist groups have somehow funded research into coronavirus and mutated it in such as to cause pathology in human beings? 🤔

I recommend a biology textbook and less internet.
Could always be state actors.
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
Perhaps it will cause mass population deaths in China, reducing human population; this whole thing will go in favour of vegans/environmentalists. 1) This was most likely started by meat. 2) Was spread by flying.
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
(Original post by BirdMan9876)
It’s official China is killing there own ppl that’s not illegal at all
I mean if you believe everything rightwingers say about Mao then its not anything new is it?
RichPiana
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Name:  Stonks.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  111.0 KB
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
With the environment....all flights to China have stopped, and internally, at a time when there would be a massive amount of movement due to the new year, this has also largely stopped. Meaning less CO2 emissions etc. Just one way of looking at it.
It will only reduce CO2 emissions temporarily. The people killed by the virus will remain dead
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
(Original post by RogerOxon)
It will only reduce CO2 emissions temporarily. The people killed by the virus will remain dead
As morbid as it sounds, I've always said that some kind of plague will be needed at some point to balance the population out. People will die due to rising sea levels etc.

And tempoarily will still be good. If a lot of people do die, china's emissions will fall.

It's harsh, but maybe this will serve as a lesson to China: 1), stop eating obscure types of meat and regulate the meat industry more, 2) sort your population out
cookiemunch
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
are u mad?
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As morbid as it sounds, I've always said that some kind of plague will be needed at some point to balance the population out. People will die due to rising sea levels etc.

And tempoarily will still be good. If a lot of people do die, china's emissions will fall.

It's harsh, but maybe this will serve as a lesson to China: 1), stop eating obscure types of meat and regulate the meat industry more, 2) sort your population out
Heartless, not just "harsh". People do what they can to survive, particularly in rural China. I haven't seen any evidence of how the virus occurred - have you, or are you just engaging in xenophobic stereotyping?
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The eating of 'unusual' meats likely has **** all to do with how this has happened.

But you are a crank and so this sort of nonsense is to be expected
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
Heartless, not just "harsh". People do what they can to survive, particularly in rural China. I haven't seen any evidence of how the virus occurred - have you, or are you just engaging in xenophobic stereotyping?
Most sites I have read, Guardian, BBC etc- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51275896

This wasn't in rural china, this was in urban China.
kkboyk
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh boy, better get my tin foil hat on
Name:  Mm8vJ66uSUaGbXNeq6Uv_FB.0.1534626845.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  77.4 KB
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Most sites I have read, Guardian, BBC etc- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51275896
Where does that article mention the eating of "obscure types of meat"?
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
Where does that article mention the eating of "obscure types of meat"?
"The new coronavirus is thought to have emerged from illegally traded wildlife at a seafood market in Wuhan and can now spread between people."

Somehow "wildlife" doesn't sound like sirloin steak or a leg of lamb or chicken does it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (362)
66.91%
No (179)
33.09%

Watched Threads