The Student Room Group

A Level Biology: AKA a mountain of content

Okay so usually I make flashcards to revise (hence my username) and I go by the content in the AQA Biology textbook, but I feel like there's a lot of "filler" information that mark schemes and exam questions don't actually require and I just waste my time. Also I never know the specific wording that the very precise mark schemes require.

If anyone has advice on how to overcome the above problem or just advice for coping with AQA Biology in general I would be very grateful.
Reply 1
Original post by flashcard
Okay so usually I make flashcards to revise (hence my username) and I go by the content in the AQA Biology textbook, but I feel like there's a lot of "filler" information that mark schemes and exam questions don't actually require and I just waste my time. Also I never know the specific wording that the very precise mark schemes require.

If anyone has advice on how to overcome the above problem or just advice for coping with AQA Biology in general I would be very grateful.

hey, I also do aqa biology and i completely agree!
honestly. past paper questions! 1 set a week or something, the only way you'll get the wording and cope with the content is by being able to see the types of questions eg application, data analysis, knowledge and understanding, maths skills etc
Reply 2
It’s so sexy, very fun to revise. I make my own quizlet flashcards - have a premium subscription. They act as my notes, I whizz through them before tests and exams. Also ofc, past paper questions are key. Plenty available online. For essay on paper 3 I have a few easy to remember facts not on the spec for ‘sparkle’ and L5 answers.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by l.mwx
hey, I also do aqa biology and i completely agree!
honestly. past paper questions! 1 set a week or something, the only way you'll get the wording and cope with the content is by being able to see the types of questions eg application, data analysis, knowledge and understanding, maths skills etc

Thank you for your advice, past papers are always helpful!
Reply 4
Original post by 6 God
It’s so sexy, very fun to revise. I make my own quizlet flashcards - have a premium subscription. They act as my notes, I whizz through them before tests and exams. Also ofc, past paper questions are key. Plenty available online. For essay on paper 3 I have a few easy to remember facts not on the spec for ‘sparkle’ and L5 answers.

Thanks, I've heard quizlet is great! Would you mind sharing your account name so I can check out your flashcards? If not, how would you advise making thorough flashcards?
Reply 5
Thanks, I've heard quizlet is great! Would you mind sharing your account name so I can check out your flashcards? If not, how would you advise making thorough flashcards?

Yup, PM me tho. I go through the spec and use it to set questions for myself, eg. Describe cohesion tension theory. Also I’ll cover all the practicals and use frequently reoccurring past paper Qs to make flashcards out of.
Reply 6
Thank you for your advice, past papers are always helpful!

I'd recommend physicsandmathstutor.com for questions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest