MoIrfan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have just completed A-level and now I am considering 2 options for my upcoming studies..First, accounting and finance and then ICAEW.Second, a LLB degree and then ICAEW..Which one is a lucrative career??
Last edited by MoIrfan; 1 month ago
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MoIrfan)
I have just completed A-level and now I am considering 2 options for my upcoming studies..First, accounting and finance and then ICAEW.Second, a LLB degree and then ICAEW..Which one is a lucrative career??
By ICAEW (the professional membership organisation ) are you referring to being a chartered ACA accountant, not the actual organisation itself?

Jokes aside, you should evaluate what you exactly what sort of industry you want to work in as well as what career you want. You seemed a bit confused, as neither of those options you've listed are careers but an education, so I'll go and assume you mean which would lead to a lucrative career. If your choice is to become a chartered accountant then you may as well either go through the apprenticeship route (cheapest and fastest way) or degree route in finance/accounting/business where you will get exempted for some of the ACA/ACCA exams (which would save you time and money). I don't see why you would want to do a law degree, it won't give you any sort of advantage whatsoever unless you're unsure on whether to pursue law or accounting.

Yo can get into accounting from any degree, but just be aware that graduate jobs are very competitive so its very important to start gaining relevant experiences from internships, part time or full time job. I'd recommend you to attend insight days at accounting firms being held near you so you could learn more about the industry itself, as well as get advice from their head recruiters.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MoIrfan)
What are your reasons for taking a degree in either law or accounting and finance? You don’t particularly need relevant degrees for ICAEW training contracts.

You do need to consider whether the subjects and style of learning at university are of interest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise