Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hello,

I am considering attending Aber in September 2020.
I don't really have the time to visit the uni beforehand.

What i am wondering is which accommodations option is the best for its price? and what is the closest to the psychology department? i noticed Cwrt Mawr is the cheapest so are the rooms bad and is it worth spending a bit more on another option?

If anyone already studies there please share your opinions
JordanP_27
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,

What i am wondering is which accommodations option is the best for its price? and what is the closest to the psychology department? i noticed Cwrt Mawr is the cheapest so are the rooms bad and is it worth spending a bit more on another option?

Hey, I'm going to Aberystwyth in September 2020 to do Computer Science, Cwrt Mawr is closest to Pysch as well as Rosser, they have a virtual tour which is a 360 photo of the room, which you can look at here:

https://www.aber.ac.uk/virtual-tour/...band-1-bedroom

It really depends on if you want self-catered or catered, en-suite or standard or even a studio, you're going to be in houses for 2nd and 3rd year anyways so closest doesn't always mean better. I'm planning on getting the studio at Fferm Penglais, because I'll be on the max student loan and it what is best for me and my interests, it's up to you what accommodation you choose.

Thanks,
Jordan
Aberystwyth University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,

Hi there Glad to hear that you're considering Aberystwyth. With regards to our Accommodation options, if you aren't able to visit us then the 360 virtual tours are a good place to take a look (as JordanP_27 suggested ) There is also a comparison chart on the website which notes the different prices/facilities etc - I find this quite helpful whilst comparing what the various accommodation options have to offer.

Let me know if you've got any other questions, I'll try my best to answer or I can contact the Accommodation team on your behalf.

Kind regards
Sulwen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (586)
34.21%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (706)
41.21%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (343)
20.02%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (78)
4.55%

Watched Threads