The Student Room Group

will increasing the temperature help reach the equilibrium constant faster for endo

as the title says, i know that normally it will in a reaction by google search but will it in endo too?
Increasing temp will increase the rate of reaction and it will favour the exothermic reaction
Original post by PizzaMan2989
Increasing temp will increase the rate of reaction and it will favour the exothermic reaction

yes i understand this so is the equilibrium constant reached faster
Yes it is because rate of reaction is higher
Is this dynamic equilibrium, if so are you asking about reaching equilibrium or when the reaction is already at equilibrium
Original post by PizzaMan2989
Is this dynamic equilibrium, if so are you asking about reaching equilibrium or when the reaction is already at equilibrium

image.jpg this is the question, i searched online and it said that the equilibrium does reach faster but im not sure if this is the case for endo too
Reply 6
EQUILIBRIUM will be reached faster. Position of equilibrium however will be different (shifts to favour exothermic)
Original post by Ailurophile03
image.jpg this is the question, i searched online and it said that the equilibrium does reach faster but im not sure if this is the case for endo too

Ok so it is already at equilibrium. I assume as it tells you it’s endothermic. This means it will shift to the RIGHT which is exothermic

Quick Reply

Latest