The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool vs University of Southampton

I am confused about choosing between the University of Southampton and the University of Liverpool. I will be studying MSc Business Analytics. Which one should I go to?
Which is better in terms of getting a job after the studies as I have to pay back my loans.
Personally I would say university of Liverpool it’s definitely a more respected institution, but it depends on which one you prefer more.
As per my research , both of these are not worth . They come under middle tier ranking.
Reply 3
Original post by Vaibhav Vivek
As per my research , both of these are not worth . They come under middle tier ranking.

Southampton is ranked among UK's top 20 unis and Liverpool has a very good reputation. Moreover, these universities are ranked in the top 100 for Business Analytics. I guess you are talking about the overall ranking and I am talking about ranking in a specific subject. Which universities do you suggest?
No i am talking particularly for the course business analytics.I dont see these university in the top 100 globally. May be it comes in UK. If u have , please share me the link
Reply 5
No i am talking particularly for the course business analytics.I dont see these university in the top 100 globally. May be it comes in UK. If u have , please share me the link

https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/business-masters-rankings/business-analytics/2020
just filter the location to the United Kingdom and you'll be able to see the universities ranked in the top 100 for Business Analytics.
Original post by retrix2102
I am confused about choosing between the University of Southampton and the University of Liverpool. I will be studying MSc Business Analytics. Which one should I go to?
Which is better in terms of getting a job after the studies as I have to pay back my loans.

Go to Southampton is higher in rankings.
Original post by retrix2102

Hi :hello:

Maybe write a pros and cons list for each uni/course so you can compare?

I would also highly recommend visiting both universities, if you haven't already, as I found that where you study can be just as important as the course.

In terms of what Liverpool is like as a city, check out our Living In Liverpool guide and our website for more information.

I hope this helps! If you have nay further questions, feel free to ask!

Melissa :five:
Reply 8
Original post by MoonlightTiger16
Personally I would say university of Liverpool it’s definitely a more respected institution, but it depends on which one you prefer more.

How is Liverpool more respected when it’s lower ranked in every league table that exists than Southampton? Defo a Liverpool student lmao. Southampton is ranked higher than liverpool leeds Birmingham and nottingham so clearly you’re biased.
Reply 9

Southampton is in the top 100 universities in the world, it’s rated 1st in the UK for degrees such as engineering, and is in the Russell group. Middle tier? Your research is lacking.
Reply 10
Original post by jkk123
Southampton is in the top 100 universities in the world, it’s rated 1st in the UK for degrees such as engineering, and is in the Russell group. Middle tier? Your research is lacking.

The posts you've quoted are over a year old, so the OP may not even see your replies. For what it's worth, I agree with you!
Reply 11
Hi,Did you ever get a proper response? What did you go with? I am also trying to decide between the University of Southampton and the University of Liverpool, but I'll be studying Law.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending