Anomous1232
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello

Who do I contact if I want to quit my pgce over stress of returning to a host placement?

Thank you
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anomous1232)
Hello

Who do I contact if I want to quit my pgce over stress of returning to a host placement?

Thank you
Wouldnt that be the person in charge of organising placements or just ring the department organising your pgce or ask a student advisor at the SU or ask switchboard at your uni.
You will also need to notify your head.

https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/contact
FormerTeacher
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello

Thank you
Hello...sad to read this, did you get it sorted? You might want to speak to your professional mentor at Uni or Lead School, who will probably move heaven and earth to sort this out for you (or at least, they should do imo). I am aware of many situations where a trainee has not been able/willing to return to host school and negotiations were made to move them to another school for the remainder of the programme. Would you consider this?
Get into Teaching
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Dear Anomous1232,

I am sad, like many before me, to read this. I would certainly recommend to speaking to the partnership lead, at your main school. I am unclear if this is your contrast school as compared to the first school that you were placed at. Also what route have you taken.
During my time in university, it was not unheard of, for trainees to not enjoy the first few days and in some cases weeks, or their second placement. This was because their time spent in a school so far had been very gradual, less was expected of them and so they felt the pressures were also less. However, as soon as they had become familiar with the new setting, they thrived equally well.

Do make sure you find the correct person to voice your feelings as there is always room within any course, to allow periods when you may feel low. This person does not have to be the 'correct' person, and if you feel it may help, speak to someone in the senior team, who i am sure will help as well as direct you.

If you are on a course through a university, i would recommend speaking to your Link Tutor. The key is to talk. Someone will help you through this, and maybe after, if you still feel the same way, you can walk away.

Best of luck.

Atif
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello

Thank you
Ultimately if you want to quit it's your ITT provider you need to talk to- your uni tutor or other appropriate person if you are doing e.g. a SCITT.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (486)
59.41%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.26%
No- I want it (234)
28.61%
No- I don't want it (55)
6.72%

Watched Threads