I think you’re best maybe emailing admissions and asking them, not sure

Ok thanks
If anyone
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Connorbarker38
If anyone does find out about being able to swap, let me know :smile:

Me too aha
Come on, Hull isn't that bad!
Anyone know whether York is a diverse place? I'm from London which is a very very diverse area and am someone who is part of an ethnic minority and I feel like the atmosphere in York might need to get some adjusting to.
I’m honestly so glad I got York, does that seem snobby?????
Original post by locomocoa
I’m honestly so glad I got York, does that seem snobby?????

I mean the campus only really has an impact for the 1st two years. After that it doesn't matter you could be sent to either the york hospitals, hull castle hill goole grimsby or scunthorpe for placement.
I believe depending on which campus you are will show up on your degree so if you really care about getting a York degree instead of a hull degree but grand scheme of things doesn't matter
Hull campus is supposed to be newer and the facilities seemed better to me. Hull city is more accessible for cars which is something you probably may need to consider when going for placements.
I was luckily able to choose my own campus and I chose hull since it seemed like the better option
Original post by cheat1234
I mean the campus only really has an impact for the 1st two years. After that it doesn't matter you could be sent to either the york hospitals, hull castle hill goole grimsby or scunthorpe for placement.
I believe depending on which campus you are will show up on your degree so if you really care about getting a York degree instead of a hull degree but grand scheme of things doesn't matter
Hull campus is supposed to be newer and the facilities seemed better to me. Hull city is more accessible for cars which is something you probably may need to consider when going for placements.
I was luckily able to choose my own campus and I chose hull since it seemed like the better option

after the two years do you stay in hull or can you move to york?
Original post by Lozc3

You don't get to choose. As the poster who you quoted to said, you could be sent to hospitals in:
- Scarborough
- York
- Hull (HRI or CHH)
- Scunthorpe
- Grimsby

Also, you could be sent to GPs anywhere in the region.

You will get free accommodation if you were sent somewhere that's not your "base city".

Post originally created by ecolier.
Oh ok
Original post by Lozc3

If you've been allocated Hull your degree at the end will usually come from hull unless you swap but I wouldnt let that put you off since no one really cares where you graduated from when youre a F1
In terms of moving to york you can but bear in mind placements can be as far as middlesborough/north allerton (which is near newcastle) to grimbsy/scunthorpe (which are a nightmare to get to on the humber bridge) so that can factor into it
You will be part of both unis so can access facilities in both. My 2nd oncalls seemed to prefer Hull to York since it was more convenient but if youre really desperate either swap or after 2 years you could live in york.
If you've been allocated Hull your degree at the end will usually come from hull unless you swap but I wouldnt let that put you off since no one really cares where you graduated from when youre a F1
In terms of moving to york you can but bear in mind placements can be as far as middlesborough/north allerton (which is near newcastle) to grimbsy/scunthorpe (which are a nightmare to get to on the humber bridge) so that can factor into it
You will be part of both unis so can access facilities in both. My 2nd oncalls seemed to prefer Hull to York since it was more convenient but if youre really desperate either swap or after 2 years you could live in york.

Do you have to arrange your own travel to placements which are far away? Does the university pay for them?
Original post by Lozc3
Do you have to arrange your own travel to placements which are far away? Does the university pay for them?

Usually have to arrange your own travel. You can buddy up with people who have cars/take public transport. I believe the uni should have a scheme where they either pay for your travel/provide you accommodation close to the placement (probably will be hospital accommodation) so dont have to keep travelling there and back.
Original post by Lozc3

The only time when Unis provide transport is during Year 1, when there is a bus from Uni campus to York / Hull hospitals; or if there are occasions when the whole year group travels to either York or Hull for special lectures or exams.

After that, you have to make your own way to placement. You may be able to claim it back (the case is stronger if many of you share a taxi).

Post originally created by ecolier.

So that means if you're allocated York in phase I (first two years) then your degree will be from york?
Original post by Abzy2002
So that means if you're allocated York in phase I (first two years) then your degree will be from york?

I believe so as far as I have been told but may be different.
Original post by Abzy2002

The degree you get is accredited by both the university of hull and the university of york - essentially i believe your degree is technically from both universities i think
Reply 78
Original post by Lozc3
does anyone know if medical students are placed together in halls at the university of hull?

@Chxrlix

From last year. One flat had 2 medics, one Bio med, and three other programs. In Hull.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 79

Your degree will show Hull York Medical School. And both Universities. The degree certificate will not indicate where you studied.

Latest

Trending

Trending