enceladus55
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by schoolsuxs)
I have an offer for A100 5 yr course at ARU and am in a bit of a pickle bc if notts has spaces on the 5 year course on results day then they’d transfer me on it which is what I would like but ofc there’s no guarantee then i’d end up on the 6 year course. I quite like ARU & it’s a LOT more closer rather than nottingham so there’s also the accommodation money, kinda unsure which one to firm since i liked both of the uni’s
Firstly, congrats on getting those 2 offers! Think it depends on which uni you like the most. If both are equal then I personally would choose to firm ARU as its 5 yrs compared to the 6 at Notts (presuming you're talking bout the foundation course in med?) You're not guaranteed to move to the 5 yr course with Notts even if you get AAA and I remember reading somewhere that they did this with Lincoln students last year as the course was new and they wanted to fill spaces. So you're in a position to be strategic about this.
I'd firm ARU and insure Nottingham. However, this is my opinion
schoolsuxs
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by enceladus55)
Firstly, congrats on getting those 2 offers! Think it depends on which uni you like the most. If both are equal then I personally would choose to firm ARU as its 5 yrs compared to the 6 at Notts (presuming you're talking bout the foundation course in med?) You're not guaranteed to move to the 5 yr course with Notts even if you get AAA and I remember reading somewhere that they did this with Lincoln students last year as the course was new and they wanted to fill spaces. So you're in a position to be strategic about this.
I'd firm ARU and insure Nottingham. However, this is my opinion
Thankyou!! yea it is the foundation course, yea i’m just concerned about the actual possibility of moving to the 5 year course & the chances. Thanks for ur advice I think after I visit notts offer holder day I’ll make a choice soon
enceladus55
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thankyou!! yea it is the foundation course, yea i’m just concerned about the actual possibility of moving to the 5 year course & the chances. Thanks for ur advice I think after I visit notts offer holder day I’ll make a choice soon
You could ring Notts up and ask them the chances of that happening? It's a big decision and naturally a bit stressful. Good luck with whatever you choose
schoolsuxs
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by enceladus55)
You could ring Notts up and ask them the chances of that happening? It's a big decision and naturally a bit stressful. Good luck with whatever you choose
Thanks! yea I’m going to ask on the offer holder day and base my chances off of that bc I do really like notts but I just don’t want to do the 6 years
hopefulklw
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
11 & 18th march, 1 & 8 april
My interview (and I presume some of the other A101 applicants) have our interviews on the 7th April. It'd have to be a pretty quick turnaround to get round to an offer holder day Are there separate offer holder days for people with later offers? (fingers crossed and touch wood!) xx
schoolsuxs
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hopefulklw)
My interview (and I presume some of the other A101 applicants) have our interviews on the 7th April. It'd have to be a pretty quick turnaround to get round to an offer holder day Are there separate offer holder days for people with later offers? (fingers crossed and touch wood!) xx
good luck!! ah i’m not sure, these are the only ones stated on their website for A100 & A108, A101 isn’t on the medicine one? maybe try calling to ask? touch wood!
hopefulklw
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A101 is the 4 year graduate entry course I'll have a ring tomorrow and post in the chat for anyone else who needs clarification xx
anonymous_mouse7
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi, is anyone with an offer attending the open days? I know they are an enriching source of info/ oppurtunity to make new friends/ tour the accom etc.. and I fully appreciate that this is an amazing opp. However I have some stuff going on near all 4 of the days and I'm a bit conflicted, Any ideas if I'll be at a profound disadvantage if I don't go... Thank you
Laycity
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by anonymous_mouse7)
Hi, is anyone with an offer attending the open days? I know they are an enriching source of info/ oppurtunity to make new friends/ tour the accom etc.. and I fully appreciate that this is an amazing opp. However I have some stuff going on near all 4 of the days and I'm a bit conflicted, Any ideas if I'll be at a profound disadvantage if I don't go... Thank you
They are useful but there will be plenty of people not going to them for a variety of reasons. Have you been to the open days or visited Nottingham before? Is Nottingham likely to be your firm?
anonymous_mouse7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Laycity)
They are useful but there will be plenty of people not going to them for a variety of reasons. Have you been to the open days or visited Nottingham before? Is Nottingham likely to be your firm?
I've had a tour on my interview day but most of the facilities were closed due to the holidays. I would be most likely firming it, yes. I'm thinking of rescheduling a couple of things to be able to attend. Thanks for your reply!
schoolsuxs
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I've had a tour on my interview day but most of the facilities were closed due to the holidays. I would be most likely firming it, yes. I'm thinking of rescheduling a couple of things to be able to attend. Thanks for your reply!
I think if you’re planning on firming it then do try ur best to attend it’ll give a feel of the education and the facilities as u didn’t get to see them on ur interview
anonymous_mouse7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Thank you for the advice, am definitely considering coming

I think if you’re planning on firming it then do try ur best to attend it’ll give a feel of the education and the facilities as u didn’t get to see them on ur interview
lwp01
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Did anyone else get an email saying the day they booked was full and to reply with your preferred date out of the others? I replied saying the next one and that's also full so been put on a waiting list. Bit odd that if they both stay full and I just won't be able to go.
schoolsuxs
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by lwp01)
Did anyone else get an email saying the day they booked was full and to reply with your preferred date out of the others? I replied saying the next one and that's also full so been put on a waiting list. Bit odd that if they both stay full and I just won't be able to go.
I got it too, I don’t wanna go to the 1st april one (it was my second choice out of the ones they gave) so i booked the 8th but that’s also full
Simbasoul
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
If it reassures you, this should tell you that they will not give out any important information etc at the offer holder day. Ie you won’t miss out on anything important by not going. You have had the opportunity to go to Open Days and see the uni again at interview, honestly, try not to worry about it too much.
321med
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Does anyone know if the 31 week contract for catered accommodation is long enough for the A100 medicine course. Thanks
lucyord
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Anyone know if you can stay in uni accom for this open day?
anonymous_mouse7
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Has anybody else received an email reiterating that they've received an offer? I got my offer about 2 weeks ago, UCAS updated and even recieved an email from Notts at that time. So is this email just to provide extra info and stuff, coz it scared me for a second
hesherif
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
hi i’m planning on firming nottingham maybe like a 75% chance still not sure tho!
Do you mind me asking, when did u receive it offer, was it by email or on track and do u know if they still have more offers to send or that's it all offers are sent?
Thomsontwins
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Has anybody else received an email reiterating that they've received an offer? I got my offer about 2 weeks ago, UCAS updated and even recieved an email from Notts at that time. So is this email just to provide extra info and stuff, coz it scared me for a second
Hi yes I just received an email reiterating my offer and next steps ie removing any other offers/rejecting prior to confirming Notts etc etc, think it's a reminder to those who have been offered to firm?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads