is staying over at a boy’s house bad? why?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
so my parents are really against me staying over at my bf’s house because they think it’s “improper” but i don’t understand the issue?? neither of us are interested in sex or whatever we just want to cuddle and watch movies etc. help??
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
you see, your parents don't see it that way
1. how old are you?
2. they see as a danger and are worried like something bad is going to happen
3. you could get a friend to say you are staying at hers and get her to back it up but go to his?
aryvou
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
you see, your parents don't see it that way
1. how old are you?
2. they see as a danger and are worried like something bad is going to happen
3. you could get a friend to say you are staying at hers and get her to back it up but go to his?
im 16, theyve met him before and i don’t know how to reassure them. i’ve thought about doing that but i’d rather be honest with them
kai130305
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I mean your 16 theres not much they can do really er why doesnt he stay at yours first????
aryvou
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by kai130305)
I mean your 16 theres not much they can do really er why doesnt he stay at yours first????
he’s already stayed at mine before but they were already hesitant with that, i’m scared to talk to them in case it escalates into an argument or something
Last edited by aryvou; 2 months ago
hxdzz_m
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
depends on the situation
karelina
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You sleeping in a separate bed or the same bed? Obviously its a worry for them as they think he might try to manipulate you into doing something or even force you, or do it while you are asleep. Stay clear of drinking alcohol with him.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It's annoying but they're only doing it to protect you. All you can do is show them how mature you are and maybe with time they'll let you stay over.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
You could say a group of you are chilling at his house together
aryvou
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
It's annoying but they're only doing it to protect you. All you can do is show them how mature you are and maybe with time they'll let you stay over.
i understand that. how can i show them that i’m mature enough though?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (258)
33.81%
No (505)
66.19%

Watched Threads