The Student Room Group

My friend is losing it and I'm fed up.

My friend suffers from anxiety and she worry and cares too much. And I've told her many times to not worry but she is always worrying about other people; people she is not meant to be worrying about. And she cares way too much about others.

I tell her she should not be worrying or caring but she is.
And I don't like her caring so much about others and worrying about them.
E.g. one friend text her saying she is on her way to school, the bus is late and 30 minutes later she still had not come to class and my friend worried something may have happened to her. And then she phoned her and she said she was just feeling sick on the way so she went back home.

This is how much this girl worries. And she cares alot about people. I'm not sure how to stop her.
its not her fault, you should try and ask if she would be comfortable seeing a psychiatrist or a counsellor so she can learn to manage herself in situations where she is too anxious. It may just be a personal trait but she needs to learn to stop worrying about everything and everyone all the time.
I’m really sorry about your friend’s anxiety💛 I too can relate to your friend. I’m undiagnosed with an anxiety disorder. My advice is to tell her to ask her parents to see a Psychiatrist for a mental health help. Plus telling her ‘not to worry’ isn’t going to help her so much. I’m really sorry but I understand you’re trying to help her but saying will only make her feel worse.
Reply 3
Original post by rebeccaxrss
its not her fault, you should try and ask if she would be comfortable seeing a psychiatrist or a counsellor so she can learn to manage herself in situations where she is too anxious. It may just be a personal trait but she needs to learn to stop worrying about everything and everyone all the time.

She cares alot about other people. Others will not care about but she will care about them. She is too kind and it is as if she is unreal of a person.
She cares alot.
I’ll send a link on tips to help someone with an anxiety.
This is something she needs to figure out and deal with on her own.

Your interference could make things worse rather than better, eg making her feel as if you don't consider her feelings valid or the things she cares about important.
Reply 7
i think it’s very important that you be patient with her. this is something she struggles with on the daily and having people fed up with her over something she cannot control isn’t helping anyone. there are many resources out there to help people with anxiety, maybe introduce her to some?
Original post by rebeccaxrss

Totally agree!
Sometimes people go through things as a child or have witnessed stuff and may start to feel like this aswell...
But it is concerning, as paranoia and anxiety is not a good mix and if you feel she may be starting to say things which is unrealistic it my be something she truly believes and if a person is in such a mindset they can be danger to themselves and other.

So maybe even ask her why she worries the way she does and tell her she should really try and get help so she can find it easier to overcome because at times when you don't know how to take control of anxiety it can spiral out of control...

Just letting you know I am not scaring you its just that I know how anxiety can slowly spiral in to paranoia and move on to getting worse however that may not be the case wiht your friend.

Thing is mental illness sometimes starts off small and if it isn't supported then it can spiral out getting worse and I feel like this is something our society still has not really take seriously from my own experiance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending