The Student Room Group

What do you think of this SUV as first car?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FionaFiat
I tried to find a picture of it on google, this is what it looks like I think, I just think it’s ugly.

F16710C8-EB0F-4072-BD92-3A41D477B5AE.jpeg

That's a car my 50 odd year old aunt has XD
Reply 21
Original post by Ferrograd

Lol, there are just so many better looking cars out there they could buy.
Reply 22
Original post by Ferrograd

Do you think this car is embarrassing?
A friend is getting their first car and it’s a crossover SUV, it’s pretty chunky and nearly new (16 plate) low miles. It’s a nice colour but I kinda think it’s embarrassing having a Car which looks like a family car as your first car and I feel like I should tell them.

What’s your opinions on crossover SUVs as first cars? Do you think they’re embarrassing?

I tried finding a picture of what it looks like on google, I think this is what it looks like. I think it’s ugly.

A870A1E4-800C-4B74-BE22-77FC286A4BD6.jpeg

If that is a mokka, they're better off with a corsa as the only major difference is the ride Height
A friend is getting their first car and it’s a crossover SUV, it’s pretty chunky and nearly new (16 plate) low miles. It’s a nice colour but I kinda think it’s embarrassing having a Car which looks like a family car as your first car and I feel like I should tell them.

What’s your opinions on crossover SUVs as first cars? Do you think they’re embarrassing?

I tried finding a picture of what it looks like on google, I think this is what it looks like. I think it’s ugly.

You think it’s ugly because anything other than a fiat is ugly?
Reply 25
Original post by Greywolftwo
You think it’s ugly because anything other than a fiat is ugly?

I just think it’s big and bulky

Original post by quasa
If that is a mokka, they're better off with a corsa as the only major difference is the ride Height

I like the Corsa actually, I will recommend to them, thanks. This car is just ugly, don’t you think?

No I don’t think it’s embarrassing and that’s a relatively good car if your friend likes it and is getting it you have no place to say to him/her it’ “embarrassing” Infact that’s pretty toxic to say the least. If you don’t like her/his future car I’d recommend to keep your opinion to yourself if they like the car and are getting it your opinions irrelevant. Either way you seem to be THAT type of person yikes. I wish your friend good luck for the future peace
Reply 27
Original post by Ibbx
No I don’t think it’s embarrassing and that’s a relatively good car if your friend likes it and is getting it you have no place to say to him/her it’ “embarrassing” Infact that’s pretty toxic to say the least. If you don’t like her/his future car I’d recommend to keep your opinion to yourself if they like the car and are getting it your opinions irrelevant. Either way you seem to be THAT type of person yikes. I wish your friend good luck for the future peace

I just feel like I should tell them they should get something a bit more better looking, I know how it looks but I just think they could get a better car
If their family is spending £12k on the car, I’m guessing the opinion of a family friend on how attractive they find the car is going to be pretty worthless.

Maybe they perceive an SUV as being safer. Whatever, just be pleased for them. It’s not your car to judge.
Reply 29
Original post by Admit-One
If their family is spending £12k on the car, I’m guessing the opinion of a family friend on how attractive they find the car is going to be pretty worthless.

Maybe they perceive an SUV as being safer. Whatever, just be pleased for them. It’s not your car to judge.

I guess, thanks for the advice. Do you think he car is ugly?
Reply 30
Original post by londonmyst
My first car was an ancient Land Rover.
I'm still driving him.

I always think land rovers are super cool
Well, I absolutely wished I had a SUV as a first car. If you laugh at someone having a SUV as a first car, let me tell you something - in a couple months time I will be driving my parent's cars, as I don't need my own, and they are big, very big cars. I'll attach a pic of each of them so you can see. We've got an Audi A6, a Ford Explorer and a Renault Grand Scenic. They're all family cars, and I absolutely love them. And actually, I'd love my first car to be a saloon - they're not sporty, but they're classy and I love them. So yeah, I don't think they'll look weird with it, don't worry.
Reply 32
Original post by MrTravel
Well, I absolutely wished I had a SUV as a first car. If you laugh at someone having a SUV as a first car, let me tell you something - in a couple months time I will be driving my parent's cars, as I don't need my own, and they are big, very big cars. I'll attach a pic of each of them so you can see. We've got an Audi A6, a Ford Explorer and a Renault Grand Scenic. They're all family cars, and I absolutely love them. And actually, I'd love my first car to be a saloon - they're not sporty, but they're classy and I love them. So yeah, I don't think they'll look weird with it, don't worry.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I guess I just want my friend to have a nice looking car and it’s good to know you like SUVs, do you think the design of the car my friend is getting is ugly or nice? Thanks again
Reply 33
I tried to find a picture of it on google, this is what it looks like I think, I just think it’s ugly.

F16710C8-EB0F-4072-BD92-3A41D477B5AE.jpeg

I was expecting a lot worse like the fiat panda, fiat 1007 or even something similar to citroen c1 (looks like an overweight pugg imo). This one ain't that bad... but I personally wouldnt get it either
I just think it’s big and bulky

I like the Corsa actually, I will recommend to them, thanks. This car is just ugly, don’t you think?

I can see some people finding it cute, personally id say its not ugly but not a car I would get (especially considering corsas have the same chassis, drivetrains, interior etc - just body panels and ride height is different to the mokka)
Reply 35
Original post by quasa
I can see some people finding it cute, personally id say its not ugly but not a car I would get (especially considering corsas have the same chassis, drivetrains, interior etc - just body panels and ride height is different to the mokka)

I think I’ll hold off telling my friend I don’t want to offend them, thank you for your reply
I don't see what is embarrassing about it.
Reply 37
Original post by sinfonietta
I don't see what is embarrassing about it.

Don’t you? I just think it’s ugly and don’t usually see young people driving an suv. Do you like this car
Reply 38
Ok guys, I have a bit of a confession to make. I feel quite bad saying this... my first car wasn’t a very good one and I guess I was a little jealous my friend is getting a big 16 plate car, I do think the car is ugly but I think I was just looking for others to say it was ugly to make me feel better. I know I sound like a bad friend.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I guess I just want my friend to have a nice looking car and it’s good to know you like SUVs, do you think the design of the car my friend is getting is ugly or nice? Thanks again

It's not the nicest car on earth and there are definitely nicer SUVs, but it's alright, especially if it's new. But tbh, there's nothing wrong with not liking it, each person has their own tastes and that's perfectly acceptable. However, I wouldn't tell him that you don't like it as at the end of the day, it's him who'll drive it. Hope it helps 😊.

Quick Reply

Latest