mrmedic0010
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Gunner772)
Hey guys, what accommodation halls are any medics thinking of? I don’t live in the UK so any help would he appreciated .
i think most medics stay at great dovers street, because its very close to guys campus
SashaSummer
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mrmedic0010)
i think most medics stay at great dovers street, because its very close to guys campus
what about wolfson?
Gunner772
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thank you! I'll probably choose this one, close to campus and seems like it has good facilities.
heatherrrrrrr
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Anyone on here not putting kings are their firm or insurance ?
RaspberryGal77
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by heatherrrrrrr)
Anyone on here not putting kings are their firm or insurance ?
It's insurance for me.
Artim2791
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys thought i'd just make a chat for medicine offer holders at kings!
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Artim2791)
Hi guys thought i'd just make a chat for medicine offer holders at kings!
Already an established thread here ^^
Account 55679
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So, i got an offer of A*AA, including bio and chem. i am doing 4 subjects at alevel, (maths, bio,chem, econ). does it matter what subject i get A* in?
idek423
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Account 55679)
So, i got an offer of A*AA, including bio and chem. i am doing 4 subjects at alevel, (maths, bio,chem, econ). does it matter what subject i get A* in?
Unless they've specified in their offer, it shouldn't matter what you get an A* in, as long as you get at least an A in both sciences.
Artim2791
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Already an established thread here ^^
Oh sorry couldn't find it earlier.
saberlancer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone. Since I am a student with an unconditional offer, I applied for student finance through SFE yesterday. Despite the mandatory iBSc (unless opted out) we will do after year 3 of our course, the only option I can apply for is the 5 years worth of student finance loans instead of the 6 years (including the iBSc year). I was wondering if anyone else was in the same situation?
mrmedic0010
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by saberlancer)
Hi everyone. Since I am a student with an unconditional offer, I applied for student finance through SFE yesterday. Despite the mandatory iBSc (unless opted out) we will do after year 3 of our course, the only option I can apply for is the 5 years worth of student finance loans instead of the 6 years (including the iBSc year). I was wondering if anyone else was in the same situation?
the mandatory intercalated year really isn't mandatory, most people at kings don't do it and it's completely fine, so it depends on whether it's something you actually want to do
luluxo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
the mandatory intercalated year really isn't mandatory, most people at kings don't do it and it's completely fine, so it depends on whether it's something you actually want to do
It’s actually mandatory now! A100 is a 6 year course
supergrad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It is now mandatory except for graduates who can opt out
saberlancer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by luluxo)
(Original post by supergrad)
It is now mandatory except for graduates who can opt out
Yeah I thought so too. Then, I was wondering if you guys applied for student loans, did you only have the option to pick the 5 years worth of loans instead of six?
supergrad
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by saberlancer)
Yeah I thought so too. Then, I was wondering if you guys applied for student loans, did you only have the option to pick the 5 years worth of loans instead of six?
yes, however i think that can probably sorted later on down the line... i believe at one point the NHS funds the final yr of the degree anyway...
mrmedic0010
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by luluxo)
(from their website) The Intercalated BSc must be taken between Stages 2 and 3. This is available to standard entry (A100) students but they may choose to opt out.
supergrad
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(from their website) The Intercalated BSc must be taken between Stages 2 and 3. This is available to standard entry (A100) students but they may choose to opt out.
Interesting; in my offer letter it says that it is mandatory and the opt out option is only available if there is an exceptional situation (case-by-case) or you already have a degree
luluxo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It’s definitely mandatory now! I’m a first year med student and they made it very clear that our year was the last year we could choose to opt out. On UCAS and the Kings website, A100 is listed as a six year course. If you’re a grad, it’ll be 5 years because you already have a degree. But other than that, it’s six years. Just wanted to let everyone know so it doesn’t come as a shock when you’re told that your course is six years instead of 5!
f1_carzy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi folks - My son has got an offer from KCL, and has already achieved an A* (in Maths) in his AS year (last year). He is also sitting 3 more A levels this year.

I looked at the KCL website and prospectus, and found the following text (pasted at the bottom of this post). I assumed that they would consider his A* from last year as part of the offer criteria, but I wanted to check that my understanding is correct . He has also sent an email via Kings Apply, but in the current situation, not expecting to get a reply soon. I am sure KCL are likely to have more pressing matters.

So I wanted to check if anyone else is in a similar situation, or if someone can confirm that my understanding that KCL would accept his grade from last year as part of the offer.

Many Thanks!

From the KCL undergrad prospectus:
TAKING EXAMINATIONS EARLY
While King’s encourages students to stretch themselves academically, students who are entered early for their examinations should have the potential to achieve the same grade as might be expected if they were entered in the standard year. Therefore, if you gain an A-level grade B in Year 12, this will not be considered as good as achieving a grade A in Year 13.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (203)
53%
No, they should still go ahead (53)
13.84%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (127)
33.16%

Watched Threads