Need help with English Lit prep for assessment Watch

Heyheyhey5
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello, i have a test tomorrow on some pre-seen extracts.Anyone who is really good at English lit, please could you help me prepare? I thought it would be silly not to ask someone who knows a thing or two on top responses to extracts. I have the extracts if you would like to see them. Many thanks.
hariisawesome
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Heyheyhey5)
Hello, i have a test tomorrow on some pre-seen extracts.Anyone who is really good at English lit, please could you help me prepare? I thought it would be silly not to ask someone who knows a thing or two on top responses to extracts. I have the extracts if you would like to see them. Many thanks.
Am I too late? Is the exam over 😂?
Heyheyhey5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by hariisawesome)
Am I too late? Is the exam over 😂?
The test is over. Il be made to do it again if i fail but i dont think i failed !!

i do however have some more assignments for English coming and if you would like to give me some advice for those in the near future id really appreciate it
hariisawesome
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The test is over. Il be made to do it again if i fail but i dont think i failed !!

i do however have some more assignments for English coming and if you would like to give me some advice for those in the near future id really appreciate it
What course are you studying? But as a rule of thumb if you have seen the extracts, the best way is just to memorise key points of analysis to remember. Maybe links to other parts of the story or play if you are doing one. Bringing up key themes, and analysing quotes from the extract in depth, and relating this to the key themes is very important. Ensure you use stylistic language and grammar. Analyse specific words and what these connote, and the atmosphere created in the extract, and specifically the atmosphere these words create.
Heyheyhey5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by hariisawesome)
What course are you studying? But as a rule of thumb if you have seen the extracts, the best way is just to memorise key points of analysis to remember. Maybe links to other parts of the story or play if you are doing one. Bringing up key themes, and analysing quotes from the extract in depth, and relating this to the key themes is very important. Ensure you use stylistic language and grammar. Analyse specific words and what these connote, and the atmosphere created in the extract, and specifically the atmosphere these words create.
Im doing an access course, it includes different subjects, one of them being English Lit. Its equivalent to alevels.
hariisawesome
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Im doing an access course, it includes different subjects, one of them being English Lit. Its equivalent to alevels.
Oh nice! What is the latest English qualification you have (if any)? But Yh regardless those points above will help a lot. Just remember analyse the language, and why the author chose to construct their writing in the way they did (choice of adjectives, structure, etc)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (261)
61.27%
Yes- I don't like it (20)
4.69%
No- I want it (114)
26.76%
No- I don't want it (31)