Mudking
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Right now I’ve got all predicted A or A* except in my sciences where I got A* physics A biology and C chemistry. Currently looking to go the either Oxford or Cambridge. I’ve heard that they look more for the number of A* rather than GCSE overall. Would it be smarter to take Combined and have 2 extra A* or stick with triple? Also I’m not picking anything science or math related at A level or Uni so that may sway your decision . Thank you very much
Last edited by Mudking; 8 months ago
ZainabR12340
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Mudking)
Right now I’ve got all predicted A or A* except in my sciences where I got A* physics A biology and C chemistry. Currently looking to go the either Oxford or Cambridge. I’ve heard that they look more for the number of A* rather than GCSE overall. Would it be smarter to take Combined and have 2 extra A* or stick with triple? Also I’m not picking anything science or math related at A level or Uni so that may sway your decision . Thank you very much
I currently do triple science have found quite a few things I struggle with. However, I would say stick to triple science and just work extra hard especially on chemistry since it is the one you get the lowest score on (not a bad score just lower) and try to polish up biology to an A* if that's the requirements that are needed. But don't give up. Right now it may seem like an absolute and REALLY stressful but in the long run it will really help. Like for me since I want to medicine in university. You're grades are good just a little bit more of a push and you are there.
~Sara~
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Combined science gives you two gcses, triple science gives you 3 gcses (not only 1)...

With triple you get 1 gcse for each science
purplekoala
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
If you’re not looking for science beyond GCSE it definitely won’t matter at Oxbridge if you do double or triple I did triple and I’m going on to do biology at oxford and I’m sure I’d get in to do biology even if I did triple science, in all honesty Oxbridge look mostly at Personal statements, interviews, and A level predicted grades when considering your application, good GCSE point score overall leads to a higher likelihood your college will select you for an Oxbridge group (if there is one), I’ve got an offer from oxford n got a 3 in history GCSE. Don’t get me wrong I did well in my others but bad GCSEs aren’t the end of the world
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (77)
14%
I'm not sure (24)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (177)
32.18%
I have already dropped out (11)
2%
I'm not a current university student (261)
47.45%

Watched Threads