The Student Room Group

Sunderland A100 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I saw that you're a graduate. I am too! Glad to see I wont be the only grad on the course :smile:
Wasnt sure about applying for accommodation, are you planning on living there full time during first year?
Reply 101
Original post by hprobert1
Hi, I saw that you're a graduate. I am too! Glad to see I wont be the only grad on the course :smile:
Wasnt sure about applying for accommodation, are you planning on living there full time during first year?

I am - can’t turn down anything free when I’m paying the fees haha!
Original post by Ec2410
I am - can’t turn down anything free when I’m paying the fees haha!

Thats cool! I live fairly locally so was considering living at home but cant decide whether to take the free accommodation anyway. But feel your pain about the fees
Reply 103
Original post by hprobert1
Thats cool! I live fairly locally so was considering living at home but cant decide whether to take the free accommodation anyway. But feel your pain about the fees

Year fair does - I’m from Cheshire so no other option. To be honest when I looked around I didn’t think they were that bad and they’re en suite which is more than I got when I paid for my first year haha!
Hi everyone, does anybody know when we will be contacted for our DBS checks?
I was just wondering that. I’m not sure. I think maybe like end of this month/ beginning of next month
Is anyone else abit worried about the grades after exams have been cancelled? It’s all very uncertain!
Original post by ellenobrien22
Is anyone else abit worried about the grades after exams have been cancelled? It’s all very uncertain!

Very. I’m preparing for the exam currently if it turns out to be bad news
Original post by Cgallagher2

Really. Is it going to be the normal A levels or another test. I was t sure if they had announced it yet
Wait you guys think Sunderland will make us do an exam to clarify our grades if we didn't get grades? What I'm so confused?

Really. Is it going to be the normal A levels or another test. I was t sure if they had announced it yet

Oh you guys meant the September exams... The Facebook live just said that they think if we do the autumn exams we get our grades in January. This is such a joke. They didn't make anything clear. I don't want to lose my place in this Uni after fighting for a medical offer for so long. I am a resit candidate and my exam centre hasn't said anything to me about my grades. Anyone else in the same position? :frown:
Original post by damsellinstress
Oh you guys meant the September exams... The Facebook live just said that they think if we do the autumn exams we get our grades in January. This is such a joke. They didn't make anything clear. I don't want to lose my place in this Uni after fighting for a medical offer for so long. I am a resit candidate and my exam centre hasn't said anything to me about my grades. Anyone else in the same position? :frown:

Yep, still waiting to hear back from my exam centre too🥴
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by damsellinstress
Wait you guys think Sunderland will make us do an exam to clarify our grades if we didn't get grades? What I'm so confused?

I think if you don’t get the grades say you got “hypothetically” 3 Bs you would appeal and sit the autumn exam where you take the A levels in your subjects. Whether or not you would be deferred for 2021 or have to retake ucat and re interview, no one really knows yet.
I think if you don’t get the grades say you got “hypothetically” 3 Bs you would appeal and sit the autumn exam where you take the A levels in your subjects. Whether or not you would be deferred for 2021 or have to retake ucat and re interview, no one really knows yet.

This is so frustrating this shouldn't be an option. I don't want to take another gap year as I'm sure hundreds of thousands don't either. :frown:
Want to know more about studying Medicine and student life here at the University of Sunderland?⁣ Why not chat and ask those who know best?
Our very own digital ambassadors!⁣

Many of our students now have online profiles, including Fran, one of our Medicine students, so if you'd like to know more about the course from a student perspective, why not check it out?
All off site social media group chats are not allowed on TSR.

Just to remind everyone, you are not allowed to promote off site social media group chats.

Do not ask for them either. It's for your protection and against our rules. This rule is listed in the first post of this thread.

This applied to private message also, so please continue your discussions here in the thread.

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)
Has anyone else applied for a parking permit for the accommodation? Do we do that later or do we have to do it in advance?
Has anyone else applied for a parking permit for the accommodation? Do we do that later or do we have to do it in advance?

hi @ellenobrien22
You normally apply for your parking permit later, once the University is taking parking applications which is normally late August/early September.
Thanks
Emma
Reply 118
Hi does anyone know if there are full length mirrors in scotia quay bedrooms? Thanks
Reply 119
Original post by Ec2410
Hi does anyone know if there are full length mirrors in scotia quay bedrooms? Thanks

sorry i dont know this but does anyone also know what size beds they are??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending