lily wooldridge
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I got an email today from Bristol saying that I was on hold. Do I actually have a chance of getting an offer or not?? Is anyone else in the same situation? Its so stressful
Advertisement
FreckledPizza
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For what subject? If it’s something like veterinary medicine then Bristol have a reputation for being notoriously slow with giving out offers/rejections as they don’t interview for that subject, don’t know about other subjects tho. Generally, I think if you’re put on hold it means that they’ve looked at your application and think you’re a decent applicant but want to see how many of the people they’ve already given offers to put them as their firm choice. Plus they may just want a bit more time to look at your application and consider if you’re a suitable candidate or not. Hope this helps x
Admit-One
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lily wooldridge)
Do I actually have a chance of getting an offer or not??
Yes. Otherwise they would’ve made you unsuccessful at this stage. You’re likely somewhere in the middle of the pool of applicants.
Advertisement
lily wooldridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by FreckledPizza)
For what subject? If it’s something like veterinary medicine then Bristol have a reputation for being notoriously slow with giving out offers/rejections as they don’t interview for that subject, don’t know about other subjects tho. Generally, I think if you’re put on hold it means that they’ve looked at your application and think you’re a decent applicant but want to see how many of the people they’ve already given offers to put them as their firm choice. Plus they may just want a bit more time to look at your application and consider if you’re a suitable candidate or not. Hope this helps x
Hiya, it's for sociology. Im really hoping I don't have to wait too long to find out because its the waiting that's so horrible
lily wooldridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
Yes. Otherwise they would’ve made you unsuccessful at this stage. You’re likely somewhere in the middle of the pool of applicants.
I was thinking that. I just hope they don't have to many amazing applicants. I know its an amazing university so obviously there are but Im still clinging on
Advertisement
Admit-One
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No news is good news at this stage, although you are obviously not guaranteed an offer.

I am surprised their message did not give you rough timescales as to when you might hear. You can always give them a quick call to ask. It might making the wait less stressful.
lily wooldridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
No news is good news at this stage, although you are obviously not guaranteed an offer.

I am surprised their message did not give you rough timescales as to when you might hear. You can always give them a quick call to ask. It might making the wait less stressful.
I know!!! Im quite an anxious person so it's so horrible not knowing how long it is going to be. I have already waited 6 weeks and have got offers from all my university's but Bristol is the one I really care about. I might email back but I think they really should have given me some sort of timescale, all they said is that they will keep me updated, however I am pretty sure this means 'when we reach a conclusion we will tell you'
Advertisement
lolataylor
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If it's any consulation, I'm also on hold for sociology at Bristol! I panicked when I saw it today as it's my first choice, but it doesn't mean your application was unsuccessful. It's stressful waiting for a decision though x
lily wooldridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by lolataylor)
If it's any consulation, I'm also on hold for sociology at Bristol! I panicked when I saw it today as it's my first choice, but it doesn't mean your application was unsuccessful. It's stressful waiting for a decision though x
No way!! I'm glad i'm not the only one keep me updated on your situation because its my first choice too. I hope you get an offer too
Advertisement
lolataylor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lily wooldridge)
No way!! I'm glad i'm not the only one keep me updated on your situation because its my first choice too. I hope you get an offer too
I will do good luck!!
lolataylor
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by lolataylor)
I will do good luck!!
Hey I heard back from Bristol this morning and I got in!! have you had any news? x
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (41)
59.42%
No (28)
40.58%

Watched Threads