Just passed test - need car insurance - help!! Watch

MJ1148
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I passed my driving test today and now need to buy proper car insurance. I’ve been looking on several price comparison websites, and the cheapest always have shocking reviews, saying that the telematics box gives false info and people are forced to cancel their policy or have their premium increased. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent insurance company which does not rip off new drivers?? thanks
MJ1148
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
bump
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MJ1148)
So I passed my driving test today and now need to buy proper car insurance. I’ve been looking on several price comparison websites, and the cheapest always have shocking reviews, saying that the telematics box gives false info and people are forced to cancel their policy or have their premium increased. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent insurance company which does not rip off new drivers?? thanks
Do not go telematics. There is no such thing as a good telematics box or telematics company.

The savings you gain will be completely outstrip by you intentionally or unintentionally breaching speed limits, curfew times (if any) etc.

Save up for non-telematics policies.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MJ1148)
No recommendation is any good for you - use a comparison website and pick the cheapest non telematics policy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (497)
59.81%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.17%
No- I want it (235)
28.28%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.74%

Watched Threads