The Student Room Group

We are doing degree apprenticeships at the University of Chichester - ask us anything

Hello!

For National Apprenticeship Week 2020 (3rd - 7th February) Sian and Bekah from the University of Chihcester are on TSR answering questions about apprenticehips.

Here are their introductions:

Sian: “My name is Sian and I am a degree apprentice studying Digital Marketing at the University of Chichester. I am currently in my first year and I am thoroughly enjoying the course. I am happy to help and answer any questions you have!”

Bekah: “My name is Bekah and I am a degree apprentice studying Digital Marketing at the University of Chichester. I am in my first year of study and enjoying the whole experience of combining study and work. I am happy to answer any questions you may have!”

Ask them anything by replying to this thread below :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi, how do you find balancing study and work? Also, what's it like day-to-day doing a marketing apprenticeship?
Melissa
Original post by Melirose
Hi, how do you find balancing study and work? Also, what's it like day-to-day doing a marketing apprenticeship?
Melissa

Hi @Melirose

I would say that balancing work and study was something that I struggled with at first as it's a big step up from A-levels. It can sometimes be hard to keep on top of uni work, especially when you have a tiring day at work! :boring: But I have found that balancing work and study is a skill that comes with time and it's something that I have got used to as the apprenticeship has gone on. The workload isn't quite as much as a full time students as you only study two modules per semester - so it's no too much to think about! As long as you remember to set aside some time in the evenings/ weekend it's easy to keep on top of!

Doing a marketing apprenticeship is great! It's so interesting to actually put what you're learning about into practice at work. The apprenticeship is exciting and busy, there is always new projects and challenges. Even in my first week I was shown a range of new skills and felt like a key part of the team from day one. I would say by doing the apprenticeship as well as the degree definitely gives you important work experience and skills that you wouldn't get just by doing a degree. As an apprentice you are treated just like one of the team at work and like a student at uni - it's the best of both worlds! :thumbsup:

Let us know if you have more questions!

Sian

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending