SaDe7
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Don't be sad. Rejoice in the fact that the British people have spoken and we're finally leaving the undemocratic mess of the EU.
WoodlandSorcerer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
:cry:

We'll be back within our lifetime though so at least there's light at the end of this sewage tunnel.
paub
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by You Wasteman!!!)
We are doomed. I was born in the UK and loved this country. But I plan on moving back to my home country in the South of France very soon. London is a s*ithole now, It is not what it once was, I will not miss it one bit. Au revoir!
bye.
username5141468
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by paub)
bye.
Yeah, au revoir. Life will better in the South of France. :shades:
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ah yes the "United Kingdom" aka the Republic of England and Wales

DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by You Wasteman!!!)
London is a s*ithole now,
Now? It has always been like that.
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
A few hundred Euro myths.
https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK...ths-a-z-index/

Boris and his fellow 'journalists' kept themselves awfully busy making things up.
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
A new era of what exactly?
Of pain and bankruptcy, petty people whining for the immigrants to come back once they realise what good immigrants do to the British economy
Burton Bridge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
Of pain and bankruptcy, petty people whining for the immigrants to come back once they realise what good immigrants do to the British economy
Lol why? Where are the immigrants going and why do you think we will go bankrupt?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by username5141468)
We are doomed. I was born in the UK and loved this country. But I plan on moving back to my home country in the South of France very soon. London is a s*ithole now, It is not what it once was, I will not miss it one bit. Au revoir!
So you don't mean "we are doomed" - you mean "you are doomed"
Mister Fantastic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Today is a sad day for nearly all ordinary people across Britain (and many elsewhere) - leaving the EU will not do anything for the average worker, the less well off, the people in the depressed areas of the North and Midlands who voted for it - it will lead to long term economic lagging behind Europe and other developed countries.

We cannot sign better trade deals with any major country than we had within the EU. The other main potential partner, the US, will seek only to exploit us and to take advantage, whilst offering little in return.

Many of our major industries, such as aerospace, automotive manufacture, pharma and construction, will all reduce their UK workforces and seek relocation to the EU.

The people behind Brexit - offshore tax evaders, the super rich, a tiny number of very wealthy financiers - will benefit from the sort of low-tax country the Tories now propose the UK become.

It is likely that government revenues will decline, causing reductions in everything from social care to the NHS and benefits to the state of the roads and railways.

We are entering a long period of economic decline, which by 2030 will leave us about 1/3 less well off than we otherwise should have been.

Most younger people should really be planning to leave. :sad:
Explain ordinary people?
Last edited by Mister Fantastic; 2 weeks ago
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mister Fantastic)
Explain ordinary people?
People who are not hedge fund managers, global tax evaders or Russian funded political shills.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Karisa96)
Hopefully in time to come prosperity, managing our own affairs without the EU, dictating what we can and cannot do.
Remember the vote was to leave, so I guess better late than never.
And if it is going to take 18, months to 2, years before we see any results then so be it.
It is the will of the people.
The will of the people isn’t always right.

The will of the people has led to indefencible acts throughout history because as a group people don’t have all the information to act for everyone’s best interests and make bad choices.
Given the results were so close and the last few years has been so chaotic it might be many people have changed their minds. Time will tell if it was good or not though.
Karisa96
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bio 7)

The will of the people has led to indefencible acts throughout history because as a group people don’t have all the information to act for everyone’s best interests and make bad choices.
Given the results were so close and the last few years has been so chaotic it might be many people have changed their minds. Time will tell if it was good or not though.
I agree with that sentiment.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bio 7)

Can we just put these old tired bogus arguments to bed and move forward as British people?

This is a new dawn and happy occasion, a victory for democracy. They ignored ireland they made them vote again, they tried to do the same to us they made us vote again but the will of the people won. That cam only be a good thing, unless you believe in dictatorships?
theuglypanda
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Can we just put these old tired bogus arguments to bed and move forward as British people?

This is a new dawn and happy occasion, a victory for democracy. They ignored ireland they made them vote again, they tried to do the same to us they made us vote again but the will of the people won. That cam only be a good thing, unless you believe in dictatorships?
It’s not about being a dictatorship, it’s about doing what’s right for the country. Leaving the EU will not do that, it will do the opposite, and everyone knows that - they’re just ignoring it and using “democracy” as an excuse.

This is not a new dawn, and should not be seen as a “happy occasion”. This day will go down in history as one of the biggest, most unfortunate mistakes, and I am sure in a couple of years time, people will realise this and, hopefully, some day, we’ll join back.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)

I’d rather the people that can make proper and informed decisions were doing so, rather than a public that didn’t get much actual information on what would happen and voted based on a few issues rather than the entire reality.
However I’m not sure anyone like that even existed given the chaos of the last few years.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by theuglypanda)
It’s not about being a dictatorship, it’s about doing what’s right for the country. Leaving the EU will not do that, it will do the opposite, and everyone knows that - they’re just ignoring it and using “democracy” as an excuse.

This is not a new dawn, and should not be seen as a “happy occasion”. This day will go down in history as one of the biggest, most unfortunate mistakes, and I am sure in a couple of years time, people will realise this and, hopefully, some day, we’ll join back.
Who are you to decide for me what's right for the country? Everyone doesn't know that at all, that's the point and nobody is using anything as an excuse.

Today will forever go down as a victory for democracy, no matter if the UK government makes a harsh of it or a success of it. Democracy has just scored a victory and if we rejoin in the future is absolutely fine also.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bio 7)
I’d rather the people that can make proper and informed decisions were doing so, rather than a public that didn’t get much actual information on what would happen and voted based on a few issues rather than the entire reality.
However I’m not sure anyone like that even existed given the chaos of the last few years.
I'd rarther remainers been fully informed also, unfortunately however I’m not sure they exist enmass either mate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (378)
67.14%
No (185)
32.86%

Watched Threads