lily wooldridge
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hiya I was just wondering if anyone has been put on hold by Bristol, what courses they want to do, predicted grades and when they applied??

I have been put on hold for sociology
Predicted grades ar AAB
Applied on 15th December
Daisy02
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I was put on hold for English and French (predicted 3As, which are the requirements for my course), and received an offer 5-6 weeks after submitting my UCAS application.
I think Bristol puts a lot of people on hold, perhaps to make the perceived worth of the offer higher and to make the university seem more prestigious (which it is) so more people will firm it.
lily wooldridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by Daisy02)
Hi, I was put on hold for English and French (predicted 3As, which are the requirements for my course), and received an offer 5-6 weeks after submitting my UCAS application.
I think Bristol puts a lot of people on hold, perhaps to make the perceived worth of the offer higher and to make the university seem more prestigious (which it is) so more people will firm it.
Hiya, thank you, I hope that is what it is , im guessing you applied last year? did you end up going?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lily wooldridge)
Hiya I was just wondering if anyone has been put on hold by Bristol, what courses they want to do, predicted grades and when they applied??

I have been put on hold for sociology
Predicted grades ar AAB
Applied on 15th December
Lots of people on the Law offers thread have been put on hold by Bristol - it's just another way of saying they are still considering your application
Daisy02
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hiya, thank you, I hope that is what it is , im guessing you applied last year? did you end up going?
No, i've actually applied for 2020 so we might be in the same year!
lily wooldridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by Daisy02)
No, i've actually applied for 2020 so we might be in the same year!
no way!! hopefully (if I get in)
istudyeconomics
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no way!! hopefully (if I get in)
Omg me too let’s all be friends
lily wooldridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by istudyeconomics)
Omg me too let’s all be friends
Yessss!!!
Jemma P
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got an email about being put on hold for the Criminology W/ Quantitive Research course on the 1st of February. I applied 18th December so maybe they're sending it to everyone who applied in December who hasn't got an offer to show there's still a chance they could be accepted - just so the students don't run off to other Uni's instead out of lack of interest.
lily wooldridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jemma P)
I got an email about being put on hold for the Criminology W/ Quantitive Research course on the 1st of February. I applied 18th December so maybe they're sending it to everyone who applied in December who hasn't got an offer to show there's still a chance they could be accepted - just so the students don't run off to other Uni's instead out of lack of interest.
Thank you, I hope you get an offer
lily wooldridge
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
heya just wondering if you have heard back, I still haven't
Jemma P
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
heya just wondering if you have heard back, I still haven't
Nope, haven't heard anything since February 1st :/ Bristol try to have all their applications sent before the 31st of March so we should be hearing something during this month.
rayapatty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Lots of people on the Law offers thread have been put on hold by Bristol - it's just another way of saying they are still considering your application
I'd been put on hold a month ago. I haven't got any response till now. I hope I have chance of getting in ? /my grades match the criteria(gap year) and my lnat was pretty good too/
rayapatty
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ahh even i think this!!!
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rayapatty)
I'd been put on hold a month ago. I haven't got any response till now. I hope I have chance of getting in ? /my grades match the criteria(gap year) and my lnat was pretty good too/
Yes you do still have a chance of being made an offer, lots of offers will be made by Bristol in the Spring.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Read this - all of it - http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...tion/decision/
rayapatty
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Yes you do still have a chance of being made an offer, lots of offers will be made by Bristol in the Spring.
Thank you sm!!! Also,good luck to you!
6ambz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ive been put on hold for Law at Bristol, i’m not sure whether i’ve met the lnat requirement or whether i’ve failed or not!
Hans1111
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 6ambz)
Ive been put on hold for Law at Bristol, i’m not sure whether i’ve met the lnat requirement or whether i’ve failed or not!
Same, Ive been put on hold for law as well at Bristol. I think this applies to like the majority of law applicants in Bristol.
klerinba
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hans1111)
Same, Ive been put on hold for law as well at Bristol. I think this applies to like the majority of law applicants in Bristol.
I’ve also been put on hold ✨✨✨
v. worried because the LNAT didn’t go very well for me which was very disappointing.
Hopefully being put on hold is maybe a good thing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (388)
52.57%
No (350)
47.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed