I don’t care about Brexit Watch

Em.-.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I honestly didn’t care if we left the EU or not. Didn’t look into it much. Though I understand (I think) it means the EU won’t be able to make decisions for us, we won’t be part of that European army thing that apparently wouldn’t happen anyway (but it seems it may will have now?) and free movement will stop but I’m not so sure about the economic side of things? People are getting so obsessed by it so I was wondering exactly why people feel strongly for or strongly against it (logical, evidenced arguments only please)?

I understand people support leaving since it was voted for so I’m more just looking for reasons behind people’s initial decision to vote the way they did?
BoreRagnarok
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The EU structure and treaties is why I oppose it. If we wanted to reform it we'd have to get all 28 EU countries to agree (which won't happen as some benefit from the things we dislike) and the treaties set out an agreement for countries to change their currency and unite into a single EU army. Lisbon, Maastricht etc are all horrific. The economy may wobble due to brexit in the short term, but the long-term benefits and sovereignty outweighs this.
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
None cares at this point tbh, 4 years of this ****
Em.-.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by BoreRagnarok)
The EU structure and treaties is why I oppose it. If we wanted to reform it we'd have to get all 28 EU countries to agree (which won't happen as some benefit from the things we dislike) and the treaties set out an agreement for countries to change their currency and unite into a single EU army. Lisbon, Maastricht etc are all horrific. The economy may wobble due to brexit in the short term, but the long-term benefits and sovereignty outweighs this.
Ah so your reason was very much that it’s better to have our country fully in control of itself. I understand this.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Me neither tbh, i've had a horrendous week and brexit has been the least of my worries
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (278)
65.26%
No (148)
34.74%

Watched Threads