Vehicle registration Watch

Sean burke
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I don’t Know if anyone can help. I bought a car which was from the Isle of Man. The car was 1st registered in June 2018 and manufactured in January 2018. When I supplied all the necessary paper work to DVLA they sent the v5 document on a 67 reg. So I disputed it as from my knowledge it should have been on a 18 plate as it’s first registration was in June 2018. But they said it is from the date of manufacture.
Can anyone help me regarding this if I am wrong.
Sochaux
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If the car was registered after March 2018 then it should be an 18 plate.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sean burke)
I don’t Know if anyone can help. I bought a car which was from the Isle of Man. The car was 1st registered in June 2018 and manufactured in January 2018. When I supplied all the necessary paper work to DVLA they sent the v5 document on a 67 reg. So I disputed it as from my knowledge it should have been on a 18 plate as it’s first registration was in June 2018. But they said it is from the date of manufacture.
The DVLA is correct - it should be a 67 plate.

They don't care when it was registered in Manx, they care when it was manufactured. The new GB plate is reflective of its age.
Sochaux
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This is false info.
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Has it got a Manx registration?
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sochaux)
This is false info.
Care to explain why rather than make a sweeping statement with no evidence?
helmetpo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Jesus christ. There are no comments on this thread from some obsessed cat lover with a cat as their avatar - what is going on?
Tracey1995
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Sean

If the car was first registered in June 2018 then that's the date that dvla would have as the registration of the car you bought, and therefore its should be on a 18 plate .
Manufacturing date is only for when that particular model of car was first manufactured as new shape etc models maybe held until that date of January ok.

The car is only first registered as a new vehicle by any dealership with dvla on the day of collecting the car from them .
You not wrong - do you have sufficient evidence to give to dvla about that as if you do then tell them ok.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tracey1995)
Hi Sean

If the car was first registered in June 2018 then that's the date that dvla would have as the registration of the car you bought, and therefore its should be on a 18 plate .
Manufacturing date is only for when that particular model of car was first manufactured as new shape etc models maybe held until that date of January ok.

The car is only first registered as a new vehicle by any dealership with dvla on the day of collecting the car from them .
You not wrong - do you have sufficient evidence to give to dvla about that as if you do then tell them ok.
I'm sorry, but this is utter drivel. The car is an import!
Tracey1995
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
I'm sorry, but this is utter drivel. The car is an import!
Okay
Then perhaps dvla may be correct as dvla will usually plate the car to a relevant number on registration of it with them
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tracey1995)
Okay
Then perhaps dvla may be correct as dvla will usually plate the car to a relevant number on registration of it with them
The DVLA are correct - they've already told the OP twice that they are correct.

The vehicle is an import, so the date of registration is irrelevant - the manufacturing date is used to work out what registration mark should be applied to the vehicle on registration in the UK.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (479)
59.43%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.33%
No- I want it (231)
28.66%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.58%

Watched Threads