erg97
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am trying to tone up and ive been told about a keto diet. Ive read about it and it seems like it will suit my needs...Can anyone expand on the benefits of this and let me know what i can and cant eat?
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It is a fad diet. You will lose weight quickly, not fat, weight, because the lack of carbs causes loss of water retention and this leads to people believing that they are losing fat. Also, you will be very lethargic because the body will not have it's primary energy source.

The only way to lose weight is to count calories and be in a caloric deficit, most people in the long run do lose fat in a ketogenic diet because they are passively in a caloric deficit.
Jasst71
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Lose weight by lowering your energy balance by 500 calories, whilst having what you need. 12-15% of your diet should be protein, 20-35% should be fats (healthy fats like avocados), 40-60% should be carbohydrates. Don't cut them out! They're your body's main source of energy!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (481)
59.46%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.32%
No- I want it (231)
28.55%
No- I don't want it (54)
6.67%

Watched Threads