Accused of Plagiarism on my BTEC Coursework Watch

Omxr
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I currently study BTEC IT Level 3 and on my second/last year of the course. Recently I had the flu so I didn’t go in college for around 2 weeks.

Ultimately, I had 3 coursework’s during these 2 weeks. While I was at home on my 2nd week I found out on moodle (school control panel) that I have these tasks and and the dead line for my whole coursework was the next week (today), so at home while I was ill I did the coursework on my computer. However, before I was ill my teacher gave a lecture on what to write about in the assignments. Hence, I recorded the teacher as a voice note giving us a lecture on what to write about in each coursework assignment. Hence, I had notes on how to pass the assignment.

Intern, with this voice note I used it as a guide as to what to write about in the assignment. I did all three of the coursework (One Merit Task, Two Distinction Tasks).

So yesterday I went back to college after 2 weeks and everything was normal as I had my other teacher. But today when I went in I had my teacher and I uploaded my work. My teacher then saw it and said this is too good to be your work and some what accused me of plagiarism. She said that no one can create this perfect work on their first attempt and not being in for 2 weeks. I explained to her how I had notes etc and I did it at home. She refused to mark and pass this work as she said you have to been in the class to do it as I didn’t see you type it, so I can’t vouch if this is your own work. I then told her that everyone does their work at home etc (since we are allowed), but she still wasn’t marking my work.

In essence, without these 3 courseworks I cannot achieve a distinction and I will only achieve a pass. I was very angry so I told my teacher about this and she said she will make a meeting with me with the head of school (head of it department) about this issue. I now have a meeting with the head of school on Wednesday and I don’t know what to say, and how to prove that I did all my work.

I just want to ask if I am in the right here, as they can’t prove I plagiarised and also, if the head of school will let my work be marked etc and what I should do.
kmonte01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
She can’t prove it’s plagiarised. She should put it through a plagiarism checker and as long as you haven’t then it will confirm that
ohhello92x
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How can she prove you plagiarised? If she’s able to access a plagiarism checker then it will show if you have or haven’t plagiarised!
Omxr
Rep:
?
(Original post by ohhello92x)
How can she prove you plagiarised? If she’s able to access a plagiarism checker then it will show if you have or haven’t plagiarised!
(Original post by kmonte01)
She can’t prove it’s plagiarised. She should put it through a plagiarism checker and as long as you haven’t then it will confirm that
I don’t know what she’s trying to say, but she’s basically saying I can’t mark your work, cause I can’t vouch for it as I haven’t seen you do it. So she’s basically gonna make me only get a pass overall in my course as those three assignments are merit and distinction.

So what should I do? As she needs to mark this work, do I call up the exam board (edexcel and complain)!
dxnixl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Omxr)
I don’t know what she’s trying to say, but she’s basically saying I can’t mark your work, cause I can’t vouch for it as I haven’t seen you do it. So she’s basically gonna make me only get a pass overall in my course as those three assignments are merit and distinction.

So what should I do? As she needs to mark this work, do I call up the exam board (edexcel and complain)!
Attempt to talk / sort this out with a Senior member of Staff. If that doesn’t work out, then get your parents involved. Then resort to calling the exam board if the school doesn’t believe you.
ohhello92x
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Omxr)

I agree with dxnixl
Omxr
Rep:
?
(Original post by dxnixl)
Attempt to talk / sort this out with a Senior member of Staff. If that doesn’t work out, then get your parents involved. Then resort to calling the exam board if the school doesn’t believe you.
Okay thank you with this, so I have college on Wednesday and I am going to speak to the head of school, however I don’t know if she will be on my side as you know how teachers are (they always together), anyhow if she doesn’t get the teacher to mark it I’m going to tell my parents and complain to Edexcel.

Thank you to everyone here, if you have something else to add on please do, as this is the first time I’m being accused of plagiarism
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (272)
61.12%
Yes- I don't like it (21)
4.72%
No- I want it (119)
26.74%
No- I don't want it (33)
7.42%

Watched Threads