Feeling judged

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I have an amazing best friend. I've known her for about 4 months, and we gradually just got closer over time. Like any other best friends, we have a hell of a load of inside jokes, and let's just say we can be very weird. We're both 17, but I feel like sometimes we can act like 2 year olds. I'm very aware that we do get judged about how we act around each other, simply because we both just lose the plot, or just communicate non-verbally or just playing or arguing (playfully) about pointless things. We do get told that we are very weird. Like today, we were just talking in a different accent, and we got a couple you're weird comments. Is this normal?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yes, it is normal.
As long as you are not doing anything dangerous or illegal it's fine.
My best friend and I have been using secret codes for over 20 years, since we were nursery age.
Anonymous #1
Believe me. We'd be the last people to do anything dangerous. We joke about a lot of stuff, and just say stuff that no-one else understands. I know im being ridiculous, i just have a tendency to overthink everything
Anonymous #1
londonmyst
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
harrysbarand I are like this all the time, and we’re grown ups.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have an amazing best friend. I've known her for about 4 months, and we gradually just got closer over time. Like any other best friends, we have a hell of a load of inside jokes, and let's just say we can be very weird. We're both 17, but I feel like sometimes we can act like 2 year olds. I'm very aware that we do get judged about how we act around each other, simply because we both just lose the plot, or just communicate non-verbally or just playing or arguing (playfully) about pointless things. We do get told that we are very weird. Like today, we were just talking in a different accent, and we got a couple you're weird comments. Is this normal?
Very normal ....of if you're weird I'm weird too :confused:
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Most people joke around with their close friends. I do as well, we often think existentially about like what would people think if they over heard our conversations or read our text messages or whatever, it's just how it is, lol. Cherish it. Friendships like this are important imo.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yes, close friends are like a gift from god. We are lucky to have them
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
harrysbarand I are like this all the time, and we’re grown ups.
Are you both related?
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Are you both related?
Why are you anon?
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Why are you anon?
Because 🙈
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (14)
11.76%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (29)
24.37%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (52)
43.7%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
16.81%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed