The Student Room Group

What misconceptions do you think people have of you?

I would say that People think I am quite quiet , that is 100% wrong.
Reply 1
Do you act quiet around people?
People make incorrect assumptions about my gender and sexuality on a regular basis. It results in a lot of abuse from strangers.
Reply 3
Other people at my secondary school used to assume I had Tourette's all the time for some reason? I think it was mostly because they were ill informed about what Tourette syndrome actually is, but it happened quite a lot.
It was usually on the basis that I'd say things out of turn/use vocabulary that didn't make sense, and I used to stim a lot during early secondary school. They probably heard some vague description of Tourette's and ascribed it to me, even though it was completely wrong.

For the record, I have Asperger syndrome, so they were right that I wasn't normal, I guess?
It's cleared up now after I spent years explaining the difference.

People also think I'm quiet and anxious but I don't shut up when I'm with people that I actually feel comfortable around. I do have anxiety around strangers though.
i’m a quiet person, so when in the company of people not my friends, they tend to get the idea i don’t talk, lmao. i can confirm i do have a voice 😂
Reply 5
Probably everything honestly, no one knows the absolute truth, including me.

But more specifically:

That I don't care

I'm happy

I don't want to talk

That I'm serious
that I’m quiet. I’m only quiet cause I am not super comfortable with some. but when I am super comfortable then my beautiful tasty juicy personality comes thru
Reply 7
That I am a student

That I only listen to scary metal
That I'm 35 but I'm actually 22

Quick Reply

Latest