Kelmarie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Anyone have any tips for my intervoew for social work ive got mine at hull university 😄😄
st4ywithem
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Be aware of current issues in practice - read the Community Care website. Read about relevant legislation and case studies as you will be given a case study and asked what you would do in that scenario.

Good luck!
Kelmarie
Rep:
?
(Original post by st4ywithem)
Be aware of current issues in practice - read the Community Care website. Read about relevant legislation and case studies as you will be given a case study and asked what you would do in that scenario.

Good luck!
Thankyou
gelouise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have my social work interview at hull uni too
Kelmarie
Rep:
?
(Original post by gelouise)
I have my social work interview at hull uni too
Aww good luck! 😊 when is it?
suitepee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kelmarie)
Anyone have any tips for my intervoew for social work ive got mine at hull university 😄😄
Look at some current issues in social work - you won't need to understand the various legislative changes and the impact this will have, but it is important to be aware of the political landscape and how this affects social work and social workers. Community care is a good resource, so is SCIE.

Think about your experience in relevant fields and what this brought up for you - any challenges, any ethical dilemmas, any prejudices you noticed you had and reflect on this - reflection always includes how you felt and how this could impact your practice.

Research any areas that you are particularly passionate about so you can show your passion - e.g. if you are very passionate about mental health learn a bit about the key legislation - Mental Health Act 1983/2007 and Mental Capacity Act 2005, policy issues - cuts to MH services, impact of increasing poverty on mental health.

Think about some of the ethical dilemmas that are present in social work - how would you manage the power dynamic (e.g. as a social worker you could be making decisions about a vulnerable adult's capacity and making decisions in their best interests), and how you manage some of the tricky parts of practice - e.g. how do you judge a situation effectively, whilst being non-judgemental?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (241)
57.66%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (53)
12.68%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
11%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.61%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.31%

Watched Threads