The Student Room Group

Fare evasion and job?

So basically a month ago me and my cousin ran onto the tram (next one was 12 mins) whilst chatting to my cousin on the tram i forgot to buy my ticket online we were so involved in the convo we forgot to about 30 seconds before the next stop we realised and purchased it but I think due to a new update it shows ‘recently purchased for a minute or two so by the time we stopped at the stop there were tram inspectors who noticed this and told us to get off as they knew we purchased whilst on the tram. This wasn’t our intention we didn’t purposely intend to not pay however they don’t care. So we got off gave our details and payed within 2 weeks. My conscious is clear as I regularly travel by tram but alone so I’m not usually distracted just this once it happened ffs.
I’m just worried as I want to become a detective or possibly go into CT but was wondering what impact would this have on my career. In no way does this reflect my true character and I’d do anything for it to not jeopardise my career. Thanks
Original post by Izzybomer

It was tram inspectors - they have no influence on your future career.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
It was tram inspectors - they have no influence on your future career.

I know but surely my name will be listed on some database? Wouldn’t enhanced dbs check show any fines
Original post by Izzybomer
I know but surely my name will be listed on some database? Wouldn’t enhanced dbs check show any fines

They are tram inspectors, they belong to the company, there is no database. The Police have a 'database', and if you'd been charged with anything, it would be on the police database.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending