The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

PG Actuarial Science at University of Kent - 2020

Anyone who is thinking of doing Pg Diploma Actuarial Science in September 2020?
Original post by Anonymous

Hey there!
So pleased to hear you're looking to study at Kent in 2020 :biggrin: I know that a group for all new students to Kent is currently being set up and there should be one advertised for postgraduate students on there soon too :smile: Here's the link to the current group, there aren't lots of people on there yet as it has just been set up but it could be a good way to find more people looking to study the same course as you :smile:
I hope this helps!
Also @Postgrad Rep Shelly is always on hand here on TSR if you have any questions about postgrad life at Kent! :biggrin:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hey! Let me know if you have any questions about postgrad life at Kent. I did my Masters at Kent and am now doing my PhD. Plus, I've been running a lot of the PG events and initiatives for the past few years. Happy to chat any time :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Postgrad Rep Shelly
Hey! Let me know if you have any questions about postgrad life at Kent. I did my Masters at Kent and am now doing my PhD. Plus, I've been running a lot of the PG events and initiatives for the past few years. Happy to chat any time :smile:

Hi Shelly,

Could you please advise what is the examination structure at Kent for Pdip Actuarial science? I heard it's at the end of the year/course? Don't you think it's overwhelming for students to sit for exams at the end whereas, in other universities, exams are held each term?
Hi there,

I’ll have to do some research on this and get back to you. I can say that, because Postgrad courses go year ‘round, the structure is a bit different. Many Postgrad courses have exams before summer term, allowing students to write dissertations during the summer. I can also say that the University is looking into changing this structure. I’ll have to look into how this works/will affect the Pdip.
Best
Shelly
Reply 5
Original post by Postgrad Rep Shelly
Hi there,

I’ll have to do some research on this and get back to you. I can say that, because Postgrad courses go year ‘round, the structure is a bit different. Many Postgrad courses have exams before summer term, allowing students to write dissertations during the summer. I can also say that the University is looking into changing this structure. I’ll have to look into how this works/will affect the Pdip.
Best
Shelly

Thanks, Shelly. Looking forward to your reply.
Hey there

I’ve been in touch with the team at the Actuarial Science, and they’ve said to contact Kerry: [email protected]. She’ll answer your questions in more detail!
Best
Shelly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending