evie1051
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi
I have been accepted to UCL and Roehampton. On my interview days I got the best feeling and “buzz” from Roehampton. I found UCL to be quite rigid and not very warming - they were also not very informative about the course and their expectations. There was a lot of mention of research and individual ideas and thoughts, but not a huge amount on course content or structure (unlike Roehampton who were very informative)

I’m just seeing if anyone can shed some light on their experience of PGCE at UCL or even Roehampton if they wish.

Thanks in advance
Get into Teaching
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by evie1051)
Hi
I have been accepted to UCL and Roehampton. On my interview days I got the best feeling and “buzz” from Roehampton. I found UCL to be quite rigid and not very warming - they were also not very informative about the course and their expectations. There was a lot of mention of research and individual ideas and thoughts, but not a huge amount on course content or structure (unlike Roehampton who were very informative)

I’m just seeing if anyone can shed some light on their experience of PGCE at UCL or even Roehampton if they wish.

Thanks in advance
Hello!

I completed my teacher training course at Roehampton, but it was MANY years ago, so I don't think I could cast any really insight regarding their courses now. However, the quality of your training will come from the teaching placement schools that they offer you. You will spend more of your time there, rather at the university. Do you have any idea of the school each University work with?

Also, I've seen some very irreverent PGCE assignments, so you might want to check what they are for Roehampton and UCL. In my experience, the assignments that have deadlines BEFORE a holiday are better, as you'll need the holidays for some R&R. It also indicates that the provider is taking their duty of care for you seriously, so prevent an unrealistic workload!

Wishing you all the very best for a super teaching career!

Jane
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (496)
59.76%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.18%
No- I want it (235)
28.31%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.75%

Watched Threads

Latest