Accidentally ran a red light Watch

Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Today I ran a red light just as it was changing from amber to red and I feel so disappointed. I’m really worried that I’ll get a letter through the post and my parents will be disappointed. What type of punishment should I expect?
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 11441122)
Today I ran a red light just as it was changing from amber to red and I feel so disappointed. I’m really worried that I’ll get a letter through the post and my parents will be disappointed. What type of punishment should I expect?
Hopefully they lock you up and throw away the key.
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Depends on the police force, likely either 3pts or the option of a driving course.

If you didn’t see a sign showing that there were cameras on the lights, it’s very unlike anything will come of it.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How do you "accidentally" run a red light? Amber means "stop if you are able" and if you weren't able to stop on an amber light it's probably because you were driving in such a way that meant you weren't fully in control of the vehicle (e.g. speeding, not paying attention, etc).

With any luck you'll get a ticket for it and learn your lesson.
lunar_trj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I really wouldn’t worry if I was you, accidents happen I guess. I know some people get away with it but that’s because it was genuinely an accident, just don’t do it again
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's funny, but so often when I go through on amber and think "I should have braked instead of going through" the car behind me goes through as well... Sometimes 2 or 3 cars behind me go through, especially at road works...

It's possible you were driving fine 11441122. We don't know because we weren't there at the time.
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just remember: If you see the light change is amber and you can stop through normal braking (NOT an emergency stop) then you should stop. If you can't then you keep going, as it should still be amber when you go through as you are either very close or speeding wildly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (496)
59.76%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.18%
No- I want it (235)
28.31%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.75%

Watched Threads