Grace#
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Please could someone kindly give an advice on the issue of Student Finance. I made an error on completing child care grant form, and sent the form, now it's been investigated and I called student finance to outline my error which I take full responsibility for but they stated that it takes time to investigate these. My question is can I write an apology letter stating these error. I would really appreciate your input on this. Many thanks
Lizzillo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It depends what error you made. Was it a fraudulent error or just something like you misspelled something?

If it's a misspelling or date error etc, I'd wait. The person on the phone really can't do anything until it has gone through the system and once it has they usually can tell when a simple mistake has been made and are gracious about it. If its a fraudulent error, again, wait until its gone through, if they don't find in your favour, then write a letter and set to convince them it was a genuine mistake.

Good luck
Grace#
Rep:
?
Thank you. The error had to do with the dates.
Grace#
Rep:
?
Thanks again. When you say fraudulent error. Does this mean that the dates that was done in error is classed as Fraudulent.
Shirohige
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Grace#)
Please could someone kindly give an advice on the issue of Student Finance. I made an error on completing child care grant form, and sent the form, now it's been investigated and I called student finance to outline my error which I take full responsibility for but they stated that it takes time to investigate these. My question is can I write an apology letter stating these error. I would really appreciate your input on this. Many thanks
What form? Was it a CCG2? If so it should have been your childcare provider filling it in.
Lizzillo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Grace#)
Thanks again. When you say fraudulent error. Does this mean that the dates that was done in error is classed as Fraudulent.
It depends on what you got wrong with dates. If you just mixed up the day you child started it shouldn't be a big deal, but if the mix up resulted in you getting more money than you were due by far it is up to them how they see it.

The form I get I fill in details, any changes in cost, for example, term time is different to term holidays or when I have a school school, and then the childcare provides their costs for the previous few months. There really isn't anything I can mess up if I go through my invoices while I fill it in.

You're best bet is to just ring every week to see how it has progressed and find a solution with them. It may end up that you get less next term if they overpaid you previously.

By fraudulent I mean if you did it deliberately to get more money from them, or didn't pay it to childcare etc. If it's a silly mistake they should see that too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
23.76%
No, but I have thought about it (56)
27.72%
No (98)
48.51%

Watched Threads