Are boys and men scared of wearing briefs?

Watch
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
It appears that so many boys and men avoid wearing briefs like the plague because they're afraid of what negative reaction they may get from their friends. I understand briefs aren't comfortable and are tight for many, but when people go out their way to ridicule underwear preferences-it makes me think that those doing the ridiculing are insecure and scared-or they're attempting to uphold a standard because they're allergic to difference and feel safety when things are samey. Does anybody else believe there is timidity in boys and men who put so much emphasis on what other boys and men choose as their preferred type of underwear?
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You don't by any chance happen to work for a brief manufacturer or reseller, do you?

But yeah, I totally agree with your sentiments. About narrow minded ridiculing and sheep like conformity.
It's something that can be extended to so many areas of our lives beyond men's underwear.

Although one thing I would say is that the culture in the UK amongst adults is one of relative tolerance and non-conformity. Compared to some parts of the world. With eccentric people being a bit of a British stereotype.
Look at the huge number of inventions that Scottish people have come up with.
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
You don't by any chance happen to work for a brief manufacturer or reseller, do you?

But yeah, I totally agree with your sentiments. About narrow minded ridiculing and sheep like conformity.
It's something that can be extended to so many areas of our lives beyond men's underwear.

Although one thing I would say is that the culture in the UK amongst adults is one of relative tolerance and non-conformity. Compared to some parts of the world. With eccentric people being a bit of a British stereotype.
Look at the huge number of inventions that Scottish people have come up with.
I can see why you ask

You can sympathise with children acting like their way is the best, but when it comes to adults it's quite sad and pathetic. Everyone can think as they wish of course, but the world around them won't be as forgiving about their preferences.

I do feel the UK is split, you have those who feed into mainstream media news and tastes in music, films, videogames and novels-then you've got people who reject all that because it's shallow and those people are able to find their voice without following anything. I've got respect for the royal family for instance, but I don't like the media constant and unrelenting obsession with them-the same with Britain's exit from the EU, I just don't care about any of that stuff at all. I'm not aware of Scottish invention, could you inform me?
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_inventions_and_discover iesWiki

My favourite from that wiki page is:
"Bank of England devised by William Paterson."
Last edited by Dunnig Kruger; 9 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (4)
30.77%
No - I have already returned home (1)
7.69%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (5)
38.46%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (0)
0%
No - I live at home during term anyway (3)
23.08%

Watched Threads