The Student Room Group

Everything getting too much

I've depressed for a few weeks now; I've suffered in the past but it's been a while since I've felt like it again. Mostly due to loneliness, also stressed out about my workload at school, and things in the news. to make matters worse, i've just been told that my grandad (who has been in hospital for the last two months recovering from a fall) actually has cancer, and he has between 2 months and a year left (as a general guide). he's kept on needing blood transfusions and on thursday they said he had cancer and that they would stop giving him transfusions and send him home. His dementia is increasingly worse, but we are really close. i knew deep down that he probably wasn't going to leave the hospital alive or be around for much longer (he's 80) but i never expected or anyone else that he had cancer. the only other person who's died who i was really close to was my nan on my mum's side of the family, also to cancer. i'm just feeling its too overwhelming
Original post by Anonymous
I've depressed for a few weeks now; I've suffered in the past but it's been a while since I've felt like it again. Mostly due to loneliness, also stressed out about my workload at school, and things in the news. to make matters worse, i've just been told that my grandad (who has been in hospital for the last two months recovering from a fall) actually has cancer, and he has between 2 months and a year left (as a general guide). he's kept on needing blood transfusions and on thursday they said he had cancer and that they would stop giving him transfusions and send him home. His dementia is increasingly worse, but we are really close. i knew deep down that he probably wasn't going to leave the hospital alive or be around for much longer (he's 80) but i never expected or anyone else that he had cancer. the only other person who's died who i was really close to was my nan on my mum's side of the family, also to cancer. i'm just feeling its too overwhelming

Id there anyone at school you can talk to? A friend, teacher, counsellor perhaps? Talking about it with someone you trust will help immensely, and they may be able to offer advice to help you cope.
Original post by Anonymous

Hey there - it sounds like you're going through a difficult time at the moment. You've talked about being stressed about school, loneliness, and your grandfather's health problems, which must all be really tough for you :hugs:

Do you have a friend or family member that you could talk to about how you've been feeling? Sometimes it can help talking things through with someone you trust. If you don't feel able to do this, but still want to talk to someone then you could call PAPYRUS on HOPELINEUK by calling 0800 068 4141, texting 07786 209697, or emailing [email protected]. They are available 10am-10pm on weekdays and 2pm-10pm on weekends and bank holidays. There are also apps that can help with stressful and overwhelming feelings, like Smiling Minds and Headspace.

If you'd rather talk to someone further here, then you're welcome to tag me in anytime, and I'll do my best to get back to you quickly!

Quick Reply

Latest