B0ND
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I am going into sixth form next year and I have the option to pick 4 A-levels or do 3 plus welsh bacc. welsh bacc is ignored by most top unis which I am aiming for so is it worth me taking it or do I attempt the 4 A-levels
lphistory
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
To be honest, Welsh Bacc and your fourth A-Level would both be discounted by most universities, unless you were to do Maths at university and needed Further Maths. It's an easy A or B and if your offer is something like B in Welsh Bacc or Psychology for instance, it can serve as a back-up grade (as an example of what Birmingham have asked this year). Alternatively, if you're looking at UCAS tariff universities, it can help net you an offer.

Taking four A-Levels are a heavy workload but it gives you the opportunity to drop a subject if you don't like it or find it difficult to manage whereas the Welsh Bacc would be non-negotiable "do something or get kicked out".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (579)
34.28%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (695)
41.15%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (338)
20.01%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (77)
4.56%

Watched Threads