Student Finance while living at girlfriend's mum's house Watch

TehBeefSupreme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello,

I have looked around and can't see a definitive answer so I'm hoping someone can help out. I will be 27 going into my first academic year at the University of Portsmouth, so I know I'm a guaranteed independent student. The issue is I live with my girlfriend at her mum's house, but I pay rent for a separate room. Does this mean I should include my girlfriend's income in the household income? I pay my own way so she won't be supporting me through university. Also, does household income include my own income as well? I'll be looking to work part-time during the academic year.

Thank you
Shirohige
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TehBeefSupreme)
Hello,

I have looked around and can't see a definitive answer so I'm hoping someone can help out. I will be 27 going into my first academic year at the University of Portsmouth, so I know I'm a guaranteed independent student. The issue is I live with my girlfriend at her mum's house, but I pay rent for a separate room. Does this mean I should include my girlfriend's income in the household income? I pay my own way so she won't be supporting me through university. Also, does household income include my own income as well? I'll be looking to work part-time during the academic year.

Thank you
Hi

As far as i know, only your girlfriend/partners income will be used, not your own from your employment.

"she won't be supporting me through university" - this gets brought up all the time, including people stating their parents or mums partner/dads partner won't be supporiting them but ultimately their details are required regardless.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (423)
67.46%
No (204)
32.54%

Watched Threads