Should England leave the UK? Watch

username5153062
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In a lot of your posts you randomly highlight that you are "half-English" like it deserves a standing ovation from the TSR audience or one of those gold star stickers we had in Nursery for good behaviour. Definitely some form of superiority complex.
Mixedraceguy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Losing land, territory, resources, people plus the psychological impact. It would be like losing a finger. You can live without it but you'll always feel something is missing.

Not to mention that we are one nation despite what separatists like to think.
Would losing land and terroritory and some resources really affect England to a significant degree? England should be its own country we could make our own decisions and we would grow as an independent country
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by SavageRyan)
We would only lose like 8 million people but yh sure for some people it might feel like a blow

But do we actually need Scotland and Wales and Northern island even
I don't think we need them a lot of them certainly think they dont need us
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mixedraceguy)
Seriously?
Yes. I can't think of any negative to leaving the UK that would outweigh the benefit of being able to ditch the embarassingly dreary 'God Save The Queen' for 'Jerusalem'. We currently have the worst national anthem in the the known universe. We could have the best, or the best next to Ethiopia's at least.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
We would probably save a fortune getting rid of all those parasitic nations.
SavageRyan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Clair De Lune)
In a lot of your posts you randomly highlight that you are "half-English" like it deserves a standing ovation from the TSR audience or one of those gold star stickers we had in Nursery for good behaviour. Definitely some form of superiority complex.
This thread is about England though and he's English so it's his country its relevant I think
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by username5153062)
Just means I'm English so I'm from this country and I live in this country that doesn't make me any better than tsr users who aren't English. In this thread I stated that I'm English as I'm talking about my country and whether we should leave the UK
SavageRyan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Quady)
And for the Conservative and Unionist Party to disband?
Do you think the conservatives would be in favour of England leaving UK?
SavageRyan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
We would probably save a fortune getting rid of all those parasitic nations.
We don't need them do we?
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
We don't need them do we?
Not that I'm aware of, although we would need to find a new port for our nuclear subs.
Occitanie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
As a Scottish born man who has lived in Yorkshire since the age of 2 I consider our great United Kingdom to be my country, not just one part of it.

On the basis that I consider separatism to be tantamount to treason I naturally oppose the idea as do millions of our fellow people.
Pure barry!!
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you think the conservatives would be in favour of England leaving UK?
The Conservative and Unionists?

No idea really. I suspect not in a straight ballot. The non-England membership would be heavily against, membership near the borders would too. Home Counties membership would fear the effects on sterling, the markets and a resurrection of disrest in the British Isles. If offered a tax cut they may well go fr t though.
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What do you think? londonmyst
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (364)
67.03%
No (179)
32.97%

Watched Threads