jessxann
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Which is better? Ideally I want to go into the field of criminal psychology/criminal sector/psychology but also would also look at going into accounting (dependant on my maths grade). Any help would be great!!
Advertisement
han_ab94
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
i would personally suggest that a degree would be better for psychology and an apprenticeship better for accounting due to the nature of the work within that field, but honestly it’s up to you. i know people who’ve gone down both roots and been equally successful
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by jessxann)
Which is better? Ideally I want to go into the field of criminal psychology/criminal sector/psychology but also would also look at going into accounting (dependant on my maths grade). Any help would be great!!
Kier Early Careers National Careers Service National Apprenticeship Service University of Chichester IBM Apprentices

Do you have any advice for this question?
Advertisement
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi there

With Psychology, that's still very much a degree based profession that requires university study, usually to postgraduate level. While there's likely to be in the future, there isn't currently the option to become a psychologist through an apprenticeship. Whatever field you're considering in psychology, you'll need to do a degree that's recognised by the British Psychological Society, they list approved courses on their website as well as some useful information about working in the sector

www.bps.org.uk/public/become-psychologist

With accounting that's a different story as apprenticeships are very common in this industry and degree apprenticeships are available so it's a realistic option. Remember that to qualify for a degree apprenticeship you'll need to meet the requirements for the degree as you would if you were going to university. A good way to qualify for this would be to do an advanced apprenticeship in accounting. This would give you the qualification you need to be eligible for the degree and plenty of work experience in the industry. To look at what's out there, the Gov.uk Find an Apprenticeship page is a good place to start

http://www.findapprenticeship.servic...ticeshipsearch

Hope this helps - Mark
bbyjinsoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Would you need physics to study psychology in university or just biology and chemistry
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (182)
38.16%
Take autumn exams (147)
30.82%
Look for a job (16)
3.35%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.4%
Take a year out (83)
17.4%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.87%

Watched Threads