I think my mum caused drama with the college

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I enrolled for A2 but cut my seat due to health issues affecting my ability in all subjects (before the year began) and my ability to concentrate, I thought my seat was cut so I didn’t attend, on the first day of the new school term, someone from carers services contacted my mum (because I went by ambulance the night before to the hospital due to my unusual behaviour due to mental health issues), and they asked my mum who cut my seat and she explained my situation and told them that I did and then explained about bullying and health issues. They asked my mum if she wants me to study and she said yes so they contacted the college. I was still receiving text messages from the college so I was confused. A week later, The child protection officer contacted me and wanted me to tell him who the bullies were so I could go back but I insisted I didn’t want to go back due to health issues affecting concentration so he left me to think about it and I contacted him 3 days later by email saying I want to leave. It turns out I was on the register and just being marked absent. I eventually got taken off which is what I wanted. I didn’t want to go back because of threats and harming myself and I didn’t want teachers/tutors to stare at me or judge me Or keep an eye on me and I was too scared about what they think, but also because of anxiety around exams and thinking I will fail everything because of my health issue. I really wish my mum didn’t say she wanted me to study, then this wouldn’t have happened with the college. 2 months later I got offered other short courses but refused to enrol and nothing else happened, given my situation I was allowed to leave education at 17. Anyone else been in a similar situation?
ibby68
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I enrolled for A2 but cut my seat due to health issues affecting my ability in all subjects (before the year began) and my ability to concentrate, I thought my seat was cut so I didn’t attend, on the first day of the new school term, someone from carers services contacted my mum (because I went by ambulance the night before to the hospital due to my unusual behaviour due to mental health issues), and they asked my mum who cut my seat and she explained my situation and told them that I did and then explained about bullying and health issues. They asked my mum if she wants me to study and she said yes so they contacted the college. I was still receiving text messages from the college so I was confused. A week later, The child protection officer contacted me and wanted me to tell him who the bullies were so I could go back but I insisted I didn’t want to go back due to health issues affecting concentration so he left me to think about it and I contacted him 3 days later by email saying I want to leave. It turns out I was on the register and just being marked absent. I eventually got taken off which is what I wanted. I didn’t want to go back because of threats and harming myself and I didn’t want teachers/tutors to stare at me or judge me Or keep an eye on me and I was too scared about what they think, but also because of anxiety around exams and thinking I will fail everything because of my health issue. I really wish my mum didn’t say she wanted me to study, then this wouldn’t have happened with the college. 2 months later I got offered other short courses but refused to enrol and nothing else happened, given my situation I was allowed to leave education at 17. Anyone else been in a similar situation?
Sort of I mean I just left my course, they asked why I told them and they were like ok.
ibby68
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are you planning to next?
Mustafa0605
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you going to sit at home all your life?
You should find something that suits you.
Maybe consider doing self-study A levels at home if you want to continue on the path of education
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (230)
61.01%
No (78)
20.69%
Not sure (69)
18.3%

Watched Threads